Melody of the egg : new arc?

Nope, but then I got a lousy 2 messages out of well over 20 warps before going there (both in the first 10, then nothing anymore), so I suspect that nobody’s actually getting all the messages. I think it was fully expected by HG that we’d share the glyphs and go “sequence breaking”. Though it might have happened a little faster than they expected, what with DevlinPixy and Polyphemus figuring out the address a week in advance… :grin:

5 Likes

I missed most of the fun. Some of the worst weather the UK has seen for more than 100 years caused me to lose my internet connection for most of the week.

I finally got back on line yesterday, to find that the puzzle was pretty much solved. Oh well.

I believe they’re waiting for us, amongst the stars…

8 Likes

Conjecture:

What if there is somewhat of a link between the new Community Mission QS shop items - ie building our own biomes/environments with landscape/flora/mineral items and the egg.

Sean’s video of making the egg bigger suggests transformation, and nods to the codex seraphinianus suggest creating our own creations/worlds i.e. what if it will allow players to create their own fauna …

With the calls for greater diversity what if that is the next step - not the Atlas or other power creating new worlds, but the players/travellers themselves …

What if the Egg does not just hatch fauna/pet but whole planets … NMS planet editing…

aah the hubris of the imagination…

7 Likes

I was worried about you. Thought you may have been swept out to sea. :grimacing: Glad you are back up and running. I have seen pics of flooding. Stay dry!

6 Likes

This is what I am hoping for. Imagine spawning the beloved diplos right outside your base. :smiley:

7 Likes

I was thinking about similar thing some time ago. But it was an idea for endgame. A completely new galaxy generation seed. Players could have a possibility to travel to that new galaxy(s) with different/more varied terrain, flora, fauna, colours schemes, threats etc. The galaxy would not be populated with races we know. We all would need “to chart” and populate it like in Elite Dangerous. But I doubt it happen :slight_smile:

7 Likes

We are hearing in discord that someone from NZ had an event update popup on steam - called Living Ships - take with a grain of salt as there has just been one report, and they didn’t screenshot it

5 Likes

called Living Ships

@DevilinPixy could find it in the language files probably.

5 Likes

HERE’S MY OVERALL TAKE ON IT, THUS FAR:

In my opinion, :ringer_planet: Sean’s 1st ringed planet Twitter post was intended to represent an egg, :egg: nothing more. And his 2nd like it, which was a retweet, was just him saying, “Oh wow, cool! Your pic looks very similar to mine!”

And as for the below image, I’m quite certain that this is to say (and I’ll be so bold),

‘We’re redoing all the fauna in NMS, before releasing’ :hatching_chick:

:link: https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1229406478081105920?s=20

And this would be fitting if the Void Egg is to serve as ‘temporary creature containment’ and Mystery Egg as a ‘procedural surprise.’ :hatched_chick: ‘Beloved pets? Why not give the players a refined experience!’

And Sean’s response of “:thinking::thinking::thinking:” to the following reply, tells me that ringed planets or cooking these types of eggs have nothing to do with the coming update or at the very least not these particular eggs.

:link: https://twitter.com/burroughs_er/status/1229410982658633729?s=20

And Sean’s tweet of “THIS IS SO IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW” which includes a video of an egg being ‘cured’ and ‘embellished’ with the caption, “BIGGER THAN BEFORE”, just solidifies these suspicions.

And ‘BIGGER THAN BEFORE’ is why I’m not writing off procedural mega-fauna, like Space Whales, :whale: Fire-Breathing Dragons, :dragon: Cthulhu :squid: and infinitely more… However, in the context of ‘THIS IS SO IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW,’ I think it’s pretty obvious that he ‘JUST’ means…

‘They’re getting all the details right.’ :flushed: Right???

And Sean’s repost with response of “NODS” to the following reply, tells me that,

‘YES! Fauna and aliens will be hatching VERY SOON’ :hatching_chick:

:link: https://twitter.com/NCaptainsteve/status/1229437032897896448?s=20

Therefore…

My estimation is an Easter, April 12, 2020 launch of v2.3 (delivering a ‘Fauna & Aliens’ package), followed by v2.5 around July-August (delivering an ‘Exploration’ package). :star_struck: Now, let’s see it!

4 Likes

@Crimsontine you forgot the “WAIT ONE DAY” mentioned 3 times in the video, and the tweets that have been accelerating lately. Also, the Quicksilver shop is going to add the bobbleheads (for ships) in about 3 weeks, which means we need some form of ship customization before that happens. I think it’s fair to say there is going to be an update this week

5 Likes

If Sean keeps this up until easter without anything more tangible, people are going to eat him… again! :rofl:

5 Likes

New hint on twitter… It’s a plant?
https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1229784976134168579?s=19
Edit : Nothing gone within the Internet

3 Likes

Tweet Deleted

3 Likes

So we gonna be like

Also, you might want to blur some spoilers or hide under summary. :wink:

11 Likes

The retweeted account was deleted due to some violation (maybe the video was copyrighted).

I hope people are not hyping themselves up too much. We all want these cool things that people speculate, yes, but that doesn’t make it real.

7 Likes

I love all the speculation personally, but I temper my hype with the knowledge that I love the game as is and any updates are icing

7 Likes

Found another one
https://twitter.com/ELMXRIACHI/status/1187450378188664832?s=09

3 Likes

Another what, exactly? (seriously, what did I just see? :rofl:)

5 Likes

I have to agree. 3 minutes of insane vegetable abuse - with no obvious connection to NMS or Sean Murray at all.

Amusingly off the wall, I agree. But what does it have to do with anything here?

5 Likes

Repost tweet (from deleted hint tweet) unavailable anymore… Found and shared a similar video, that’s all

5 Likes