Is There a Structure Emerging?

Yes but we can see that the more important already received are the bigger % pointed in the poll ("only " 1064 people participated in it in august). and the two P*-16, the less represented . Why these 500 are not sent ? It’s a “logical” (printing order/shiping …) reason or it is something we’ll discover a day. Or not :blush: .

1 Like

Hey everyone, thanks for the welcome! Lots of great ideas and enthusiasm here. So nice after months of fighting the cause out there in the nasty world!

@kerdorin Looks to me like some kind of hierarchical classification structure . Looking at the numbers allocated to each of the 8 classifications I’d say you have what looks like an operational pyramid?

Do we know anything about the kinds of players who have been classified under each of the designations? For example, I’m a 16-A and I have a lot of hours but I’m still missing lots of important blueprints, including Atlas passes 2 and 3, and at the time I was designated I was in my first galaxy.

Do we have any info about that?

2 Likes

As far as I am aware I don’t see how HG could have had access to that sort of information…the surveys and feedback they asked for didn’t ask about in game progress. They did ask for email and online alias we used but didn’t specifically ask for emails and aliases used on PSN or Steam. So I don’t think the designations are based on our play style/progress. At least I don’t see how they could have obtained that info.

2 Likes

There is no link between designation and the game (at least , not yet ^^). As @DarthTrethon said, they can’t know how we played the game just with our email/alias.

1 Like

However, Steam and PSN both “collect” user information and attach an e-mail address to the user’s account.

It would not be impossible (or even too difficult) to connect some of those dots. Things like play time and trophies/ achievements are easy info to get. That could be pared with the information on the their own servers.

1 Like

I don’t know how easy or hard that would be but the fact remains they didn’t specifically ask for PSN/Steam IDs and related emails. And while some could have given their PSN/Steam ID as the asked alias and related email many probably did not. Some might have given one of the two as related to their game but not the other. It would be a fairly arduous task to sort through it all and I’m not convinced that Sony or Valve would easily hand player specific info without a player opt-in for the game. There’s a lot of games on Steam and PSN and some developers would misuse that info…I don’t think HG would misuse it but I’m sure that it’s not as easy as asking for anyone to just get PSN/Steam IDs and attached emails.

2 Likes

So, if it isn’t related to in-game activity then this is a new structure based wholly on participation in Waking Titan?

Which brings us back to the idea that it is the code on the Atlas pass that is going to give whatever access or progress we get.

Do we have any info about what the classifications or codes mean, or how they relate to previous participation?

As an A-16 I pretty much piggy backed on the work of others, but I don’t know if that’s what it means.

1 Like

This might help you.

1 Like

I like your thought process. I could absolutely see something along the lines of… )@Mad-Hatter your hologram theory makes me think), perhaps there would be shimmering ships similar to how we see the 4th race currently. These shimmering ships would be the other players and we could potentially approach the ships and interact, give out missions, trade, sell. As far as the designations go, everyone is circling around the same theory which means its either completely incorrect or our old friend Ockham’s razor comes into play and we hit the nail on the head. Each level is based on ARG participation and the questions answered, lets leave out in game activity for now. They asked very specific questions that open up how one thinks, collaborates, etc but these designations would have to avoid limiting one players ability from the others to avoid feelings of resentment so either we all would be able to do the same or we could potentially change designations once we reach a certain “level” similar to how we went from G class to the varied ID’s. I am rambling but…Food for thought, I’m loving everyone’s response

4 Likes

Some of us have more than one email address. And don’t necessarily give them all out to the same groups.

1 Like

We don’t really know what the classifications are based on or what they mean. I answered all the puzzles correctly and some of the answers I did get from others but I’m not sure that they’d be able to discern with any degree of certainty which of all the people that answered the really tough stuff correctly did so on their own and which had help. But for the purposes of the ARG I don’t think they have any negative designations or bad descriptions for any group of fans as at the end of the day Waking Titan is here to create good feelings for the next NMS update. Beyond that I’m almost certain that every major puzzle so far has been solved by different people working together. We’ll have to wait and see if we’re ever given any hints at the meaning of our designations.

3 Likes

I completely agree. I would say the same for myself. Also as I mentioned, they could connect some of those dots if the wanted fairly easy (not a complete picture).

But most tend to use the same e-mail for games in general, unless there is distinct reason to multi-account.

1 Like