Is it too early to start another wish list?

Yeah that used to be a lot of fun! Run up to a cave entrance and fire one grenade, rake in hundreds of iron :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Post your wish list’s :slight_smile: The Explorer Feedback survey with this weeks patch notes asks about the direction you want the game to go and what you want to see next,

1 Like

So, for us old timers, having every module, 34 Slot S Class Freighter, 5 48 Slot S Class Haulers & 1 20/6 49/59/64 Squid & all the slots in the Universe, Billions of Units & Farms making Billions more, as Peggy Lee said “Is that all there is?”.

No really new creatures (e.g.Triffids, Pterosaurs, T-Rex (really realistic ones) or even Brontosaurus even huge sea creatures & a submarine. Nothing hard to do with real rewards (Missions are just usual play). I know there are Whisperers but really what is the gain there. Solve it once & you have solved it.

Why not a “Dark” region where specific things are hard but there are new significant rewards. Why does every planet have moonlight even with no moon. Why does every planet, even at night, have enough light to see perfectly well. Think Mercury that always has a true “Dark Side”. I once had a planet where the mountains just cut the sun out but mining there was high reward.

No we get nic-nacks that you can only sell. I know new guy must find this a help but NMS are not really maintaining the story for those who play for any real length of time.

I never did any mission or followed any guild or Atlas but you can get everything in free play. But now what? Come on NMS find a real story writer with new ideas.

2 Likes

As the blues brothers said (slightly paraphrased): “What do you want for 60 bucks? RRRRRRRRubber biscuit? bow bow bow…” :smile:

1 Like

Hey! Moved the conversation to a more appropriate topic. Carry on.

3 Likes

Galactic Map idea

I would like not having to open my galactic map but just a map for my in range warp systems
and being able to set a route, and just jump there and still feel like your in the same system.

This would make it a little bit more immersive

2 Likes

Not quite sure what you mean there. If anything, I would like the darn map to be available at all times. It’s kind of a pain to have to launch into space just to see what’s in the vicinity…

4 Likes

You mean without the warping animation? Or literally taking days to get there?

Do you mean the Galactic map like that?

Or the one in-game?

:thinking:

4 Likes

Without warping, but still going really fast.

Ah… That’ll be a bit of an issue with a 32 bit coordinate system. Not impossible, but would require quite a bit of refactoring in the core engine, I’d imagine. Probably too expensive for the rather little gain.

2 Likes

Not to mention the universal peanut shortage from people trying to replace protein lost in such jumps.

3 Likes

Perhaps add more supermassive freighter designs.

𝓟𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓵𝔂, 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮’𝓼 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂… 2.

It’s nice to be in an environment where people immediately recognize an allusion when they see it. It seems that such allusions get missed in most environments I’m in. I’ve sometimes resisted the urge to say, “It’s not like I’m quoting Lester Del Rey, Folks!”

Even though it is off topic, it makes me think of “Mother of Invention” by Tom Godwin. Their ship and ground craft have been destroyed by diamond dust storms on a planet they have discovered. The only hope of escape would require a major paradign shift in physics, so they pull out their slide rules and get started…

See, now, that would have been an obscure allusion, but in this forum, I still think several people would have recognized it. In all fairness, they probably used their slide rules because the abacus was damaged in the dust storm.

4 Likes

@Crimsontine: I removed the quoted link to the Screenshots topic, as it makes no sense to be included considering this topic or the context of your reply. Please try to cut down on advertising your own topics, thank you.

3 Likes

Considering the current state of the game, I think a kind of settlement mechanic moves somewhere into the top-ten of my wishlist. I just find myself unmotivated to build bases. I do kind of enjoy the process of building one, but not enough in itself to just spam bases all over the place.

If you could make your base a colony and designate areas for NPCs to move into, letting your bases become more or less self-sufficient constructs over time, that would kind of help. The trick would of course be that these NPCs are included when the base is uploaded, essentially making them more like the outposts that are generated by the game in terms of function.
Bonus point if you could integrate current outpost functionality. We already have a trade terminal, but why not have an observatory, a communications terminal etc?

Such a mechanic would be a blatant starbound ripoff of course, but well… I can’t think of a better way that would be similarly easy to implement right now.

3 Likes

There have been interesting things datamined as far as bases go - they will be a bit more dynamic if those come to fruition.

Spoilers

Water pumps, wind turbines, solar panel, turrets and electricity have all been found in game files.
I have to hope that turrets point to some kind of sentinel threat and not PvP raids

For me though, bases will always just be aesthetic- I roam too much to have any real use from them.

4 Likes

Some procedural system along these lines would go a long way of making NMS more interesting. Even if they’d only act on a planet-by-planet basis:

4 Likes

We need more variety in SPACE exploration, so far we only had massive update on planetary exploration.

We need NEBULAS! exploding stars ! more sound & ambience in space, i do love the ringed planets.
but space itself still feels empty if you guy’s know what i mean!
WHAT WE NEED IN SPACE! :

-Falling Stars
-Clusters

• Nebulae
    -Constellation’s
    -Supernova’s
    -Cosmic Dust
    -Antimatter
  • Fermi Bubbles
  • The Cat’s Eye Nebula
    -White Dwarfs
    -Red Dwarfs
    -Neutron Stars
7 Likes

It might be difficult to come up with specific gameplay purposes for most of these. They’d need to completely overhaul the space exploration in general. Which I wouldn’t mind them doing, but right now they’re building on their strengths, which seems a very reasonable thing to do.

Nothing special about Red Dwarfs, though. The most common star type in the universe, and you could argue that they’re already in the game, since any red star in its main sequence qualifies, since “dwarf star” is really just a monicker for “main sequence star” (except when talking about a white dwarf, which is in fact a stellar remnant. You won’t find any life near it, though). It’s literally the same thing. You can for example call our Sun a yellow dwarf, and you’re saying the exact same thing as when you call it a GV (spectral class G in its main sequence).
Perhaps you meant red giants? Though there’s nothing really special about those either, except that they’re large. Since we don’t really have real-scale solar systems, that doesn’t really matter, though.

Constellations only exist from a certain point in space. They rely heavily on perspective. Move a few lightyears, and you won’t recognise them anymore. As such, they would be pretty pointless in a game like NMS.

1 Like