Introduction Thread

Hi,

I’m Colin. I have been lurking for a while keeping an eye on the Waking Titan ARG but never got round to joining the group until now.

I have been a NMS player (on and off) from the beginning and have been a big fan since it was first announced. I grew up with all the sci-fi that inspired Sean to create the look of the game, so I feel right at home.

My background is 17 years in the military on intelligence, cryptography, SIGINT, geospatial stuff, etc. Past few years have been working on various Government projects. Into my gaming and computing for as long as I can remember, starting with a TI-99/4A lol.

I will do whatever I can to help around family commitments :slight_smile:

The sleepers will awaken :wink:

12 Likes

Hello Colin.

Welcome. All that cryptography knowledge will doubtless be useful, now the ARG seems to be kicking into high gear.

CSD is very friendly. People are hardly ever unpleasant, and generally try to support each other.

It’s a nice place to be.

4 Likes

Welcome. A very friendly bunch this lot. :grinning:

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to newcommers . @colvr4 if you can intercept Myriad’s satelite signals that’s great :smiley:

3 Likes

Hello travellers, I’m new to this forum. I’ve been following the ARG and playing NMS from day 1. I’m not used to posting on forums and such. But the last few weeks I have seen how great the community for NMS has become. So I have decided to come out of my cave and join in the discussions.

11 Likes

@Whelan0kkult @Jacob_2000_Lol
Welcome.
You’ll find everyone is really nice here so if you have a question just ask.
In the ‘Latest’ section you’ll find the current topics plus the Help a fellow Traveller thread is a great place to ask a question.
Take the time out to use discobot to learn the workings of things on the forum such as adding @ to a title to get that individuals attention.
Tip:
Type @discobot and then say “start new user”

( @Jacob_2000_Lol I mentioned you here rather than hijack the other thread that is focusing on Waking Titan )

2 Likes

Thank you!! :smiley:

Hi Guys mballi here!!!
Have been involved with waking titan and nms since day 1, and frequently read on here so about time to get more active!
Looking forward to see what’s around the corner
Great site and good chats :+1:

9 Likes

Welcome @mballi
Take a look through the previous posts on this thread to help get the feel for the place and find your way around.
Try to use the search function to locate things and don’t be shy to ask a question; Lots of friendly locals here :slight_smile:
Remember to play nice as thats one of the things that makes the forum great and welcome to Atlas-65 (formerly ETARC).

4 Likes

Thanks for the welcome!!!

3 Likes

I just wanted to say Hello, I have been playing NMS since launch on and off and have over 2000 hours in it. More ‘on’ lately because I want to see all of 1.3 before it’s gone and we go to what’s NEXT.

I’ve been on other forums, but am really tired of the trolls, that forum didn’t put an end to it (The Steam Forums) and I really wanted a place to talk to NMS without that mess. I am on one of the Facebook groups, but that’s not really a place for discussion, just quick posts and quips.

I’ve known about this group since it changed to atlas-65, but this is the first time I decided to create an account.

I play on Normal on PC, I enjoy the relaxing adventure, and am starting a second save file because I stranded my first save when I picked the Tranquil option. I wanted to be in Euclid because I figured that’s where I am more likely to meet folks online in NEXT.

I did see all of the Artemis story, but on this play through, I am going to end it by staying in Euclid, and going to go for all the glyphs and building a farm to get a nice Freighter and ships.

I’ve followed some of the ARG, but that thing confuses the begeebes out of me, so, I just enjoy watching it and any clues that we get for what’s coming.

Anyway, that’s pretty much it, just saying HI

15 Likes

Welcome @tigra!

I hope you will enjoy your stay! It is a very peacefull and friendly community here.

Enjoy Citizen!

2 Likes

Welcome Citizen Scientist. This place is as relaxing as NMS itself :slight_smile: Far far away from Steam forum or Reddit.

3 Likes

yip this is the place …ok space is the place, but this is a great community.

For additional community engagement I have found this FB group of the Alliance of Galactic Travelers to be also very welcoming and supportive:

Pull up a chair and welcome to our little friendly part of the internet. Share your pictures, ask all those questions you were too afraid to ask elsewhere and have fun.

Couldn’t have said it better, although Reddit is nowhere near as bad as it once was.

2 Likes

Welcome to ETARC, sounds like you’re right at home already!

2 Likes

Helloooooooo!!! Welcome. You’re part of the 2000 hour group too LOL.
There are some super friendly and helpful people on this forum thing so I hope you find it enjoyable and a fun way to play NMS and help solve any questions you might have.
Welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Tygra, enjoy the wonderful community we have here!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!! I really appreciate it!

5 Likes

“Hi there @Tygra, and Welcome!”.

1 Like