Indestructible pirates

I didn’t get a hit on this subject, so…

I run into the last two pirates of each freighter attack I warp into. This means I don’t get credit for finishing this mechanic, no upgrades, nothing.

This has happened to no one else?

3 Likes

The pirate freighter likes to jump away after destroying the civilian freighter or when significantly injured.

I would suggest taking its engines out first. I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Also, I’ve read that if you have multiplayer enabled and another player jumps in while a battle is in progress, your battle progress resets. Turn MP off to prevent that.

1 Like

I have been warping into invisible pirate freighters when MP is on.
To succeed in destroying pirate freighters, disable the warp engines under the back and then take out the shield generators in the 2 trenches. Once destroyed, you can fly to the pirate frigates and hire them to join your fleet.

1 Like

I mean the fighter group that is attacking a freighter, not the pirate freighter.

I run experimental branch, PC, Steam.

2 Likes

So the battle is done when you arrive. Only 2 pirate ships remain. I have never seen this but, I have not worked a normal freighter attack lately. I would zendesk that to HG

hellogames.zendesk.com

1 Like

I’m on PlayStation. I’m looking for new ships and a better freighter and I have had several of both battle types lately and all went as expected. For the older style of battle if you hit one of the ‘green tail’ ships the freighter might not hail you, but otherwise I would take out all of the pirates, answer the hail, get the freighter’s marker, land and collect the reward.

I did hit one of the wrong ships once and the freighter didn’t hail me (the sound was there but the communication icon was not active). The merchant that I shot kept coming at me but I ignored it (if you kill it you will likely get sentinels to contend with). The freighter did allow me to land and I could have purchased it. In the old days the freighter would have left its klaxon running and the landing bays would be red, stopping you from landing.

Rewards from killing the pirate ships are spotty. The canisters that they drop don’t last very long and don’t seem to chase you as aggressively as they use to. Not every pirate drops a canister and even if they do are harder to spot in the rubble. Very often I only get rewards from the last ship.

2 Likes

Ran into this yesterday.
It was a normal freighter attack, only this time one of the pirates drew me away from the rest of the battle until I finally chased them down. When I got back into the fray there were two targets remaining, and they were indeed invincible.

2 Likes

Zendesk that. Can’t have invincible pirates. It throws the whole balance of the universe off.

1 Like