I Miss Heridium

Heridium is no more. And I miss it.

It was big. It was blue. It was reliable. You could find it on every planet, and it would always get you out of trouble.

And now it’s gone.

Bring back Heridium!!

#bringheridiumback

I miss Heridium too., I believe it was distinctly NMS. Are any of the names now? I miss the dripping columns of elements and the buried hallow spheres. On day one I thought it was silly that the mining was all above the surface, but I changed my mind. Then copper was just floating ever where. I think each element should have a distinct deposit shape .

Now I am missing a lot about the the game before NEXT. :anguished: I miss the way the scanner reveled the elements by showing the boxes (voxels?).

I think you hit the nail on the head, there.

There were things that made NMS distinctive. Structures, colour schemes, game mechanics.

And whilst NEXT has undoubtedly brought huge improvements, we seem to have lost a lot that made the game different, and unusual.

Well, except for those times when I really, really needed it like right that minute and I had to run for what seemed like forever until I finally found some…yeah, I miss those days. Busting rocks just isn’t the same. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Never really missed heridium, but now that you brought it up it was distinctly nms back in the day.

It would be cool if very rarely you would stumble across a planet which was like NMS of old. Towering minerals and huge clumps underground. New players would be like WTF? & old day-oners would be all teary-eyed with nostalgia.
I also want some of the outlandish colour schemes back. I miss that vibrant eye searing contrast we would sometimes get.