Getting a laugh out of life

Is there a portal nearby? :grinning:

4 Likes
5 Likes

Sorry, no portal…requires direct navigation, starship snd exocraft combo should do :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

-28°41’20.40" S 28°56’42.00" E

2 Likes

Best wishes for the year ahead interlopers

Credit to: New Year's Resolutions From Famous Robots [Comic] | Toggl Blog

8 Likes

Ran across this yesterday on Reddit:

14 Likes

In case you people never hear fom me again, it has been fun and I love you all! :grinning:
Serious weather hitting during the night. 47million in the path. Basement is ready! Storms gathering.

8 Likes

At least you’ll be able to pick up lots of storm crystals and get rich.

5 Likes

If it gets really bad, the trick is to click your heels together and say “There’s no place like home”.

5 Likes

I’m concerned about rains expected here for several days. Basement already had start seepage a couple weeks ago. Best of luck.

Many moons ago, I accidentally drove around San Antonio toward Pancho’s All You Can Eat buffet when the sky turned ugly orange, looked funny, etc. It turned out tournedos were in the area. Never knew. Sacred after!

Best wishes.

6 Likes

Yes, when the sky turns unusual colors, usually green here due to hail, it is usually a bad sign. :smile:

6 Likes

Here in Northern England, the sky will sometimes turn a strange blue colour, and you can see a burning yellow ball up there. It’s rare for this to happen, but I’ve seen it myself, and I’ve spoken to other witnesses.

11 Likes

:rofl: Must be terrifying.

UPDATE: made it through the night. High winds, deluge of rain and so much lightning, :grimacing: from 11:30 pm until after 2am. A number of semi trucks were blown over on one of the interstate highways. Scary stuff. Tornadoes confirmed.

8 Likes

Hey @Polyphemus, did I move into your neighborhood and not remember it?

This has been happening a lot lately. I realize it may not measure up to your definition of fog, but it is quite unusual to happen this often and this time of the year in this area. It is kinda creepy and I have to drive in it tonight. :grimacing: Hope the deer stay home. :smile: It will get worse.

5 Likes

Wow! I really need to turn off my PC and hit the road. :laughing:
The Most Boring Tourist Trap in Every U.S. State | Far & Wide

2 Likes

I always wanted to drive route 66 and see Carhenge. What a heratage we Muricans have. Reminds me of https://www.atlasobscura.com/. I looked the book up because I kept seeing it on
creative types interviewee’s bookshelves.

2 Likes

On Tuesday, there was a sale on at the supermarket, and it was very crowded. Parking was difficult.

10 Likes

Well, you aced that landing! I bet many customers were secretly impressed, though I doubt they would openly admit it.

4 Likes

I can just imagine that little despondent-looking Gek sitting there, watching you land, then shaking his head sadly & moaning about how is he going to get his shopping trolley out now. :grin:

5 Likes

Some were probably also swearing because he snatched that parking space right from under their noses…

5 Likes
6 Likes