Getting a laugh out of life

Yeah, management should never engage in practical jokes. Especially not when it comes to incentives. Bloody jackasses…

5 Likes

Thank you for that!

Nice to know that some people can stand up to (as @Jedidia called them) Jackasses, and win. :heart:

2 Likes

Alice and Smith are recruiting

3 Likes
4 Likes

Wow! I guess the day we collectively celebrate true love is now being corrupted to include its opposite.

1 Like

It’s the day of giving couples a guilt trip to buy gifts for each other and go out to fancy dinners, there’s nothing here to corrupt :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah. I personally am against any one special day for things like affection and love. That is something we should show every day. Besides, gifts and dinners are so much better when they are unexpected. :clinking_glasses:
The exception is wedding anniversaries, because that day is special.

2 Likes

Who says NMS is not worth exploring? Well, I came across the following model in the source files, and had a good laugh! :rofl:

Theremin

I found more interesting new things, but I feel I have spoiled enough for now :wink:

9 Likes

There wouldn’t happen to be a waterphone in the files? :grinning: Would go great with the Abyss lore.

Or one of these, yes! Watch the very end!

6 Likes

Well, judging by the bytebeat and the modulation engine they use for creature sounds, simulating a theremin should be fairly trivial, basically just a specific use case of the algorythms already in place. It’s probably just a thing a developer put in there for fun without any intent to ever release it…

3 Likes

Exactly, because the model is as simple as it can get. They could have called it a dog or a cat as well, but apparently, whoever put it in, had music on their mind at the time.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! I forgot that it had already been corrupted by a gift card company. Just another Hallmark Holiday.

I tend to think of it as celebrating a Great Love, that of Valentine and Eloise. (I hope I got that name right), and knowing that such a thing is possible. :slightly_smiling_face:

@sheralmyst I agree showing/demonstrating love/ affection to those we love every day all day long is really important.

I also believe it is important to celebrate that human need to give and receive love from time to time, like we do birthdays --not because it’s a Hallmark Holiday rule, but because we are glad that person was born.

Anyway, I hope you understand what I’m trying to say in my normally garbled way. :heart:

2 Likes

Had to share! All images are free to download.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/biodivlibrary/sets/

2 Likes

For all thos who supported me and my daughter through her hospital ordeal last year, you will recall the Sonic movie was deeply criticized for Sonic’s look. Well, they fixed him and the movie is a hit!

4 Likes

This looks familiar

The Ganymede object! Designed and sculpted by Scott Washington

6 Likes

Well, all bioships look familiar once you’ve read a few moebious comicbooks…

5 Likes

Just had a dream (REM sleep event).
Was scanning fauna and my Living Ship entered in an animation, feeding with a poor passing by ProtoGek.
Then it burped!!!

5 Likes

:rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

A picture says a thousand words…but in this case only one is needed…

RUN!!! :rofl:

9 Likes

LOL. Looks like feeding of hostiles.

3 Likes