Getting a laugh out of life

Thank you, i really hope i can get it back up running.
NMS is a serious escape and keeps me sane…literally :no_mouth:

6 Likes

In my experience, there is no battery that cannot be supplied from China via those nice folks at A-az-n. Usually at a tiny fraction of the original manufacturer’s price.

There are those who will tell you that you need to keep your laptop in a bucket of sand afterwards - but I’ve bought dozens of these cheap imports, and never had a problem. Buying known, branded, L-ion batteries is no guarantee of safety - as both Boeing and Samsung discovered.

7 Likes

Thanks everyone, very weird few days. Took it to local pc repair shop and explained, they wanted to check powering on with pwr supply and et voila, it sparked to life. So after some bad service and poor communication resulting in me sourcing replacement battery elsewhere, i am able to use…and play on it until i receive the battery on order :blush:

5 Likes

Finally got around to rewatching the original in preparation for the show. Was somewhat dumbfounded at the realisation that Kiras language is a Jugoslavian dialect, I understood most things she said just fine.

8 Likes
8 Likes
5 Likes

Saw this today from one of our local [South Africa] online Game Tech stores - not sure how legit/got permission it is:
[there are deals or references to NMS the game at all on the site!]

6 Likes

Not sure I would want the electronics so close to the water, :smile:

3 Likes

Looks like the cave of a bond-villain to me…

3 Likes

I love this old future prediction stuff. It’s fascinating to see what they got right - and where they missed the mark completely.

Here in Britain, we used to have a TV show “Tomorrow’s World”, that followed technological trends, and tried to predict their future impact. Sadly, very few of the early episodes seem to have survived - but those that still exist are amazing.

This one, from 1969, shows a school computer. The procedure for booting it up is quite something.

This one, from 1967, shows what claims to be the first home computer. It’s actually just a terminal - there weren’t any microcomputers in those days. A computer capable of doing anything useful would have been bigger than your house.

11 Likes

OMG! I want the school computer! :heart_eyes:

Oh and please, store my thoughts for future use. I may forget who I am one day. Maybe by then, someone will have figured out how to put those thoughts back. :laughing:

5 Likes

Hexaberry, Large Size.

18 Likes

Interesting Article on one of Alice & Smith’s latest ARGs for another SciFi game https://www.moonsofmadness.com/
[Horror, Jump Scare, NSFW]

Article - the interesting point is made about using Google AI to work out players fears and deliver on these:
" Alice & Smith has used Google AI in an innovative way by allowing them to control the plot and the interaction with the player."

5 Likes

Only 298 phobias? :grin:

4 Likes
8 Likes

I’ve sometimes felt the people I meet in multiplayer were a bit dumb. In the past, I put it down to age difference - but now we know the truth.

p.s.
Knowing this makes it all the more embarrassing if they beat me at something. It was bad enough thinking I just got whupped by an eight year old…

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/JinnKid/status/1201392912002629632?s=19
Make sure to click on the vid for sound. :rofl:

6 Likes
5 Likes

Actually, very good

4 Likes

IRL Fauna, Flora and Mineral scanning

…S-class vacation relaxation booster received…

9 Likes