Getting a laugh out of life

How you know you have been playing the same game for far too long.

5 Likes

Super Bowl ads already showing up. I love the Boston Dynamics robots.

9 Likes

Some things make you go, “Hmmm.” Others cause a giggle fit.

How-2-block-Ads

5 Likes

Oh no! When I powered back up, it was still there!

4 Likes

SoraNews24: Can the lowest-rated portable bathtub on Amazon Japan make our office a relaxing bathhouse?【Pics】.

6 Likes

3-D billboards…how does this even work? Pompurin. One of my favorite kawaii.

4 Likes

This guy pretty much gives the game away. It’s two 2D movies, shown on a curved screen. It only looks 3D from certain angles.

11 Likes

Listening to this article is best

3 Likes

It’s going to say “Hello? Hello? is this on? Does this work??” :rofl:

5 Likes
8 Likes

Hilarious! and not a little scary. lol

4 Likes
4 Likes

“Drone swarm avoids crashing in dense forest using new algorithm”

First I thought “Oh, that’s clever”.

Then I thought, “Gosh, that must be complicated”.

Then I thought “I can only think of one possible use for this technology - warfare”.

Then I thought “That’s very, very, scary”.

8 Likes

There’s quite a lot of other use cases for this… But it’s quite possibly too expensive for those until the technology matures. And the only ones with enough money and interest to pay for that is most likely the military. So I guess you’re kind of right…

7 Likes

Imagine those things with weapons mounted on them. It needn’t be anything big - .22 calibre is quite capable of killing you, is lightweight, and has negligible recoil.

Then imagine a swarm of the things hiding in the woods - because they don’t need to be flying all the time. They could sit there forever while their solar cells kept them charged.

6 Likes

Honestly, that still sounds better than landmines…

2 Likes

Posting here because I don’t know where else to put it. I hope this idea works. I have BT on every device and my PC

1 Like

Well, I don’t have bluetooth on my PC. While I can’t see anything wrong with this from a security point of view (except that it further incentivices people to have bluetooth constantly enabled on their phone, which is just horrible), I still think that the password should remain as a fallback to support older machines. Not to forget about many people in the world that don’t necessarily have a cellphone.

I’m rather opposed to making the working of one complex device depending on the working of another complex device, though. It’s like that stupid idea to power laptops through USB-C: Instead of a hardware plug, you now need a working driver to charge your PC, and if that driver isn’t compatible, you’re just shot. In this case, when your phone is down, you don’t even have your computer to help fix it.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with passwords. All you’d need is some education about password standards in school, problem solved.

5 Likes

I know it is strongly discouraged but I have so many passwords, they are in a notebook. Like pages of them…I wish there was a good alternative but not sure this is it. But maybe it is a start.

4 Likes

Amen. Pretty soon will have to carry around a large battery pack just to keep phones charged.

I’m also concerned about features that let robbers access a system faster.

I use a password manager that has a long complex password. It works just fine.

I also use MFA when it’s available use always choose to use an Authenticator app when that option is available.

@sheralmyst – You may want to check out PC Mag’s Best Password Managers for 2022. I see that LastPass gets their nod for ease of use, which might interest you.

5 Likes