Getting a laugh out of life

This is one of the Christmas cards I was given. It hit my sense of humour dead centre. I think it’s one of the funniest things I’ve seen for a long time.

10 Likes

Peas on Earth and goodwill to all human beans.

12 Likes

So you’re saying the English do not love English Peas? :dizzy_face:
481a25950fbb03e38e543d94ed8ecfc7--funny-vegan-quotes-quirky-quotes

8 Likes

Woah! Previously unknown Cultural Difference spotted!

I never heard of “English Peas”. I know about garden peas, and processed peas (both of which are fine and acceptable - but also bland and boring), but English Peas are a new one on me.

From my travels, I am aware that the same peas we eat here in England are also popular in Germany, France, Spain, Poland, Hungary, Belgium, the Czech Republic (or whatever they call it this week), Estonia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Italy, The Irish Republic, Greece, Austria, Portugal, and Latvia. There’s nothing even remotely English about them.

The card is not funny because we hate peas. It’s much more subtle. It’s funny because it’s impossible for any normal person to be excited about peas.

5 Likes

Mushy Peas FTW :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Yes. I believe they are called English peas only in America. Maybe we are trying to blame them on someone else? Idk. :sweat_smile: Even here they are also called sweet peas, which is also trying to make them seem better than they are. From what I am told, they actually taste best, raw and fresh out of the pod. I cannot verify that.
Here in the South, we throw a little ham or bacon fat into all of our peas. It helps. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

And even more than you really wanted to know.

Then there are Pigeon Peas and more.

So using “English Peas” is good in terms of being specific.

3 Likes

The Times of Israel: Israeli scientists train goldfish to steer car around room.

4 Likes

Sounds fishy to me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Scientists will try all kinds of crazy things these days to keep themselves entertained.

3 Likes

The article seems fishy to me!

3 Likes

jwst_meme

:joy:
I’m so eager to see first pictures. It seems to be the most anticipated event of the year 2022!

9 Likes

It’s so accurate, it’s actually right 2 times a day!

4 Likes

11 Likes

That would be quite a mission, to fly a million miles to carefully remove a sticker. I think Elon might use that as an excuse to fly to Mars sooner, with a small detour. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m the same way. When Hubble got its corrective glasses on, it gave us some breathtaking images. JW should give us some clearer images of the youngish universe. Apparently, future exoplanet missions are so tentative that it took some digging to find one. The TESS satellite is just one way to do it, and is rather limited in that it looks for star systems with the planetary orbits on edge to us, so that planets cross in front of a star and cause periodic dimming from the planet’s shadow. But that leaves out all the other star systems with orbits tilted in every other direction. Still, it found evidence of so many planetary systems this way, more than 4000, that many scientists believe most stars have planets around them.

Galaxies in our universe might be more like Euclid than we thought! :thinking: If the world’s space agencies could have just a bit more funding, we could have faint images of other planets on hand in a decade or so, with some high precision star blockers.

I guess this is more of a Space Mission discussion, but I’m a man of many moods.

2 Likes

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if the first thing we learn from JW is that our assumptions about the red dwarf population in the galaxy have been completely wrong, and we have to go over all the models again… :grimacing:

3 Likes

Yanko Design: LEGO master builder Mitsuru Nikaido creates detailed animal sculptures that will shock and awe you.

6 Likes

Another one from the same category :joy:

6 Likes

„Can you and your associates arrange this for me, Mister Morden?“ :smirk:

3 Likes

What evil lurks in the hearts of men? Only the Shadow knows.

3 Likes

“What do you want?”

4 Likes