Getting a laugh out of life

This is kinda what my day has been like. Unbelievable.
USA TODAY: Cow stuck in tree after Hurricane Ida rescued by workers in Louisiana bayou.

8 Likes

SoraNews24: We test Japan’s new Gaming Chopsticks Holder.

7 Likes

Not a screenshot, but it is my amusement for the day that only my NMS friends will understand…

I just spent two hours happily clearing out and rearranging my storage units…and yet my real life garage looks like a tornado live in it.

14 Likes

I grok you! The game has a lure that I find unique.

2 Likes

Citizen Scientists you say…

P.S. brought to you from the land of scientific discovery South Africa :south_africa: …putting Omicron on the map :nerd_face:

8 Likes

How many nanites do they give for this “find a rare plant” quest ?

8 Likes

5w698c

13 Likes

My Bill Murray - or his stunt double in my fic, Bill Murphy - life is a constant joke on me, which isn’t usually funny, but I take the opportunity to laugh about it. I laugh about almost everything, and my writing is replete with jokes and puns to add in some fun amidst the trauma. And what would an adventure be without some trauma now and then?

It seems I can’t tell a joke without at least two paragraphs, but as usual I digress. Anyhow, I’m slightly quick on my feet. My handyman-slash-drug casualty pal Jack gives me grief all the time about my high falutin’ ephemeral intellect which isn’t much use when he’s mad at the world all the time and wants to battle everything imaginable. But he does like my humor. As he was leaving and reminding me what a batty old coot I am, I told him,

“Well, I do know a couple of things for sure. The sky is blue, and the Earth sucks because we’re stuck to it.” :sweat_smile: He got a kick out of that.

6 Likes

So not actually funny but storm #1 knocked out internet. Storm #2 knocked out power. At least 25 tornadoes across 5 states last night. This was in northern AR

Glad I have a generator. Me and the cat spent half the night in the basement. I fear I have a lot of clean up.

13 Likes

That’s one of those posts it feels weird to add a like to. Stay safe Sheral.

7 Likes

Thanks! I keep lots of these 3-wick candles on hand. Will be having a candlelight breakfast…with my cat :laughing:

9 Likes

How … romantic? :smiley:

6 Likes

The news from Kentucky looks particularly bad. I assume it’s the same thing hitting you?

Good luck, stay safe.

4 Likes

Not nearly as bad as KY. Had 5 breakers flip, 2 surge protectors blow, soundbar was out but a replaced fuse fixed it, ( :clap: :clap:) but I just discovered my washer is dead…don’t feel qualified to tinker with that. Will look for a repairman Monday. This was the worst storm in many years. Tornado on the ground for over 200 miles…amazing but terrifying.

8 Likes

Devastating news…my electric tea kettle is dead. I don’t know how I will get through the day. :sob::joy:

9 Likes

Crikey! Not a bonzer day, for sure.

2 Likes

Only in Japan :rofl:

6 Likes
4 Likes

That’s very good. The video says it’s “one of the most accurate clocks in the world” - and then we see it showing 3:25 on one face, and 12:00 on the other.

For the record - the building with the clock faces is not Big Ben. For most of my lifetime, the building was known as St Steven’s Tower, but a few years ago it was renamed the Elizabeth Tower in honour of the current Queen’s diamond jubilee.

“Big Ben” is actually the large bell inside, that strikes the hours.

5 Likes

I read another article which stated that only one face of the clock would be lit for New Year’s. Perhaps it is the only accurate one right now.
It was nice to hear it once again. Clocks are wonderful and that one especially so.

2 Likes