Getting a laugh out of life

a) This won’t help with that.
b) Have you ever heard of password managers? It’s basically like your notebook, except it stores all the passwords encrypted and then all you have to remember is the master password, while you can make all your online passwords as hard as you like without having to waste a thought on remembering them. I’m using keepass personally, but there’s quite a few options.

5 Likes

Yes, I know of it but I have never used it. I guess I think to myself, I make all these passwords and then they are stored on a server someplace? I don’t know…I just don’t trust it. :smile: My notebook feels safer

3 Likes

Keepass is a local application, with a locally stored file. You can put the file on dropbox or something for easier access, but you don’t have to. Even if you do that, it only marginally increases your risk if you have a decently hard master password, since the decryption always happens on your machine. Somebody doesn’t know that password, they can’t read the file. Cracking that password by brute force would take half the computing power on earth longer than I have left to live, and I’ve made sure that brute-forcing it is the only way to hit it.

Computer security is always a money game in the end. If more money can be earned by mining bitcoin with the computing power required to crack your password than can be expected to be gained from you, you’re pretty save. Well, from having your password cracked, anyways. The greatest dangers are actually phishing and social engineering…

5 Likes
4 Likes

Wait…what? I find most ba…I mean men with no hair on their head :face_with_raised_eyebrow: to be attractive. You know, it’s in the way it is said. Now, if I said, “Wow! You have a really big sexy ba… head.” :wink: :kissing_heart: :kiss: then maybe that would be sexual harrasment. People are crazy… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

That might be kind of the problem, actually… If a man compliments a woman about her looks, it can happen that it makes her feel uncomfortable and she feels like he’s making unwanted advances…

Just to be clear, I do find the whole thing somewhat ridiculous, too. But the comparison is not without merit.

5 Likes

I prefer not to compliment people on their looks but I will compliment a nice hair cut, cute shoes etc…My sleep is not adequate most nights and I have had people tell me I look tired…makes me want to go home and crawl in bed. So I understand.

4 Likes

Are you saying I shouldn’t compliment women on their attractive breasts?

Oh dear. I’ll have to stop.

8 Likes

U :imp: u.

LOL

3 Likes

Because some people have nothing better to do

No one mentions that fact that there is a lead slug laying in the tank now.

7 Likes

The colours and the lonely astronauts in the v1 of NMS remind me of Kurzgesagt :slight_smile: I wonder whether HG was using them as inspiration?

5 Likes

At the current flow rate that’s probably not going to be an issue, since the water isn’t going to stay in there for long enough. Still, what a stupid bloody idea. I mean, I get it, it’s a well-placed shot and the result is funny, but damn, fixing these things is expensive, not to mention the water waste until it gets fixed.

5 Likes

I love that channel. :smile:

4 Likes

Update: suspect arrested.
"According to Mayor Luke Neal, the repair work started Wednesday with the tower being drained and city water services switching to well water sources.

Neal added that welding crews are heading up to patch the hole in the Man in Black but noted that it could take two to three days for the repairs to be complete. While the work is being done, residents may see discolored water, the mayor said."

6 Likes

Who wants to buy the first ticket? :rofl: :dizzy_face:
I tried out a double decker airplane seat

5 Likes

You tried it on land? I guess it’s okay, can’t be worse than a normal flight …

Who wants to bet the woman in the picture is 1,60m to make the seats look larger? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

I was a firefighter in the 70s and 80s. We had a medium sized airport on our patch, so we practiced plane rescues (thankfully never had to do it for real). It’s hard in a regular plane. Imagine trying to get injured people out of those seats in a crash or a fire.

No thanks.

4 Likes

Some other winners, thank goodness. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

8 Likes

On the one hand, it’s both ingenious and hilarious.

On the other hand, probably best not ask where the university’s research grant money went…

7 Likes