Getting a laugh out of life

3 Likes

My basement level telework and home PC area starts the day at a very chilly 62 F. My feet and mouse hand are still cold when I quit work (68 degrees at keyboard level).

If I turn on the TV, PC, and two printers, it eardrums all the way up to 70 degrees (68 at foot level).

Sigh.

2 Likes

Uh…

LoL…

3 Likes

Ok so not really funny but it reminded me of Waking Titan
BleepingComputer: New phishing attack uses Morse code to hide malicious URLs.

2 Likes

I wonder why morse code, though… There are more convenient and less obvious methods of encrypting a url.

1 Like

Sean Murray has progressed to become the “unfairly accused” side character in online rants. … Congrats? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lawyer stuck with ‘Zoom’ filter during virtual hearing.

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

6 Likes

I don’t get how they can stay so serious…
“I’m prepared to go forward with it” are some brave words under the circumstances., though, that deserves some respect!.. :laughing:

3 Likes

Nature’s way… LoL

4 Likes

Imagine you programmed a procedural game where animals can have properties like that and make choices like that and that’s what they choose to do. That’s what god feels like right now. :astonished: :joy:

2 Likes

Sounds like dwarf fortress…

2 Likes

The Pearlfish shares it’s “Hidey hole” with friends and family, they must be cozy.
I can see it now, one of the fish attempting to lure others in…

LoL

1 Like

Just making sure I still live in Arkansas. At 4:20 am. 14F temp -1F wind chill. At least 3" of snow on top of at least 1" of ice…brrrrrrr :scream:
Correction: went out to feed the birds. At least 6" of snow and still coming down with a slightly icy mix

7 Likes

Now that’s just wrong!

Like when it snowed the first year we were in San Antonio.

2 Likes

Getting a break in the snow(about 8" total) but not temps. Tonight -8 F wind chill. Tomorrow night into Thursday will dump another 6-10"…14" is the most I have ever seen in my lifetime and that was many years ago.

2 Likes

Slushy. Go outside and make snow forts tomorrow before it all melts! Those things make the best memories, and make sure to pile some extra snowballs before the throwing begins.
Do they sand or salt the roads where your at?

2 Likes

They use a beet juice mixture (helps the salt stick and not get blown away) with salt in the bigger towns and on the interstate but where I live, with 3 hills between me and the interstate, nothing is done. Fun fact, the extreme cold will not let up until next week. No melting. So I am stuck until then. However, this time next week will be in the 50’s :smile: :sunny:
Enough snow talk

4 Likes

It’s weird, I know, but I still think in old money. 50 years on, and I still have to convert our currency in my head before prices have any meaning.

Weights and measures here have been metric (by law) since 1973. But I still think in Imperial measure. I buy a pound of bacon, and ten pounds of potatoes. I will buy three yards of 4" x 2" timber. I buy beer and milk by the pint. And the really crazy thing is that the shops will happily sell them to me, despite it being illegal.

About the only time I can’t continue living in the past is when filling my car. The pumps just don’t work in gallons any more. You can only officially measure fuel in litres, and you can only officially measure distance in kilometres - but when car manufacturers market a new model, they tell you how many miles per gallon it does. Go figure.

5 Likes

Ok. One last word on cold weather. This morning, it is -9F. Actual air temperature. I wear contacts. If I step outside, within seconds I start seeing strange patterns…my contacts are freezing…truely bizarre…

8 Likes

It’s made the news here. Pictures of Texas motorists sliding about on this unknown white stuff. It would be funny, but for the fact that people can die in those conditions if they’re not prepared.

Stay home - stay warm.

6 Likes