Future Update Speculations

Probably one of, if not the longest outage thus far… I don’t think they’ve lasted this long for major update patch drops either.

Checked a few older outages on UptimeRobot, most last from 13-18 minutes. The shortest I have on record is 3 minutes, and the longest at 39 minutes.

3 Likes

I hope the reason is good and not bad…

2 Likes

think it might be server farm related

3 Likes

They hired the wrong Farmer Gek?

3 Likes

Website is still down but the Galactic Atlas is working.

4 Likes

Er, has anyone told them? Maybe they don’t know :laughing:

4 Likes

its certainly odd.it doesn’t appear to be a host issue. Either they updated something like PHP version and it crashed the theme, and they can’t find the issue, or it got attacked? or??? dunno. but if ground breaking you think they would just restore from backup and/or enter maintenance mode

2 Likes

NMS site is back up, being down for 80 hours and 39 minutes, coming online at 2022-06-06 09:08:08 UTC+0

7 Likes

I loved one guy’s response. They really love the Queen. :smile: It did coincide with The Jubilee.

5 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: NMS coming to Mac

Poor old Queen is old, frail, and can’t get about much. Perhaps what we saw was the Hello Games servers running a Queen hologram. If it works for Abba, why not Her Maj?

3 Likes

Nice job HG! :smiley:

Looks like they were able to do a little time travelling…I wonder if it is a hint at what they are working on? No wonder it took all their server capability. :thinking: :laughing:

5 Likes

The queen is Emily?

5 Likes

Sorry, what’s all this with the queen? I don’t get it…

2 Likes

Our Queen (UK) has just celebrated her Platinum Jubilee - 70 years on the throne. Lots of parties, parades, etc. The whole country had a 4 day vacation.

HG’s servers were down. Someone suggested it was to do with the Jubilee. Everything that follows is just silly stuff riffing on that idea.

If you have to explain it, it’s not funny any more.

7 Likes

4 Likes

A question completely unrelated to future updates.

Queen Elizabeth ll is Queen of the United Kingdom. So she’s my Queen. A number of Commonwealth countries, like Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, and Jamaica, whilst completely independent, still have her as their Head of State. They seem to like it. So she’s their Queen.

I had never thought about it until yesterday - when I noticed that people from non-commonwealth countries referred to her as “The Queen”. Not “The British Queen”, but just “The Queen”. And I wondered - do people from other countries regard her as their Queen, too? Do people regard her as an important symbol, even though they have no political or national connection?

Is she everybody’s Queen?

2 Likes

Speaking for and from South Africa, no she is not recognised as head of state, or has any official or ceremonial status, even though as a one time ex british colony we are a member of the commonwealth, so no official jubilee celebrations here, only some nostalgic private citizens initiatives.

The queen is generally seen as a symbol of colonial oppression, or as a quaint nostalgic symbol that helps with uk tourism publicity.

Not to get too political but monarchies are outdated and ultimately not in the best interests of wider humanity, e.g. excessive wealth in the hands of a small elite, you don’t need titles like king or queen these days for that, and there are many ways to colonise, especially through mass mediated socio-cultural communication.

2 Likes

My mistake. Out of date information - I’ll put in a little strike through.

3 Likes
4 Likes