Future Update Speculation

This is how we take over the universe, human.

Total saturation = total control

total control

total control

total control

6 Likes

6 Likes

Well, I am pretty sure we’ll get an update once the expedition reruns are over. It fits the pattern.

6 Likes

In Abandoned systems the space stations are ruined versions of the classic NMS Space Station.

I’m wondering when the new ones teased at the Game Awards arrive will they change the generation for Abandoned systems so theres a chance the current Space Station shows up in ruined form? <3

That’s assuming they completely replace current stations and aren’t some sort of special rare kind we have to seek out :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m hoping that new space station design adds to existing ones or replaced some or all “normal” ones.

I say “add to” since I think that all possible systems are not actually in use right now.

Adding or replacing space stations in non-Euclid galaxies might encourage wider exploration too.

3 Likes

Remember “Multi-swords”? Well HG has swords displayed in LNF so there is a pretty good chance that we’ll see the multiswords in NMS. Only reason why I don’t see it coming soon is because they may not want NMS to be too similar to LNF.

Also, dungeons(literally and dungeon-like) are staples of RPGs so im wondering if LNF will get some elaborate ones. If so, the NMS might get them too.

5 Likes

Moving the Gib here…lots of wishful thinking in the Quicksilver Store thread.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Hmmm next “significant date” 14 Feb - Wellingtons er Valentines Day…will Team Mercury show us some Lurv :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Just been sorta spinning here since experimental updated. Afraid to check the max spoilers thread :see_no_evil:

Also avoiding that big ff7 rebirth video. Saving like a mad lad to have enough for a ps5 by the end of the month.

A new nms update will surely stop me from making unnecessary trips to the candy store. They keep enticing my money out of my pocket!

5 Likes

So that’s what you call it over there huh? Going to the candy store to get some sugar cane, huh? :laughing:

3 Likes

I localised my text for americans. We actually call em Ye Olde Sweete Shoppe’s.

Sweets instead of candy over this side of the atlantic pond.

Though if we’re actually talking drugs and the kind I would perhaps consider buying if i was the type to do such things…

Going to the Green Grocers :wink: No sweets for me, I’m looking after my figure :smiley:

Greengrocer - Wikipedia <— in case im just causing more confusion to people who don’t live on drizzle islands like the UK and Ireland.

edit just reread my comment and remembered why i was saying candy shop (theres a similar talk happening about mice and sugar elsewhere and i thought this was in relation to it ). I meant steam. Those god damn steam sales XD

4 Likes

༼⁠ ⁠つ⁠ ⁠◕_⁠◕⁠ ⁠༽⁠つ

9 Likes

They finally let him of the leash, did they? :joy:

7 Likes

Can’t wait for that cowboy to show up <3 He should get here tomorrow, if not monday. Could be a public drop come tues-wed. Wooooooo!

6 Likes

No guesses? Fine, i’ll go first:

Upside down “U” → Underground → Underground Rap → NMS Rap music update! :orangutan:

Update: jokes aside, someone brought out that the final Wipeout game released was a special version called the Omega Collection. Big face palm moment, I own that version and played it to death, how could I not see that connection to the wipeout inspired ship? :upside_down_face:

Wipeout Omega Collection brought 3 games in one and also came with a major visual upgrade. Its the definitive Wipeout experience since it came with all tracks and ships from 3 games + 1 expansion and they all received a remaster visually plus bonus color schemes.

While I doubt that we’re going to get a content update as huge as the Omega Collection was for Wipeout fans, I think it might just be a convenient nod to things that the data miners found and may come with this update. But not holding my breath since there’s lots of data mined stuff that have not come out in years.

7 Likes

I know Omega refers to the expedition name, though it makes me a bit apprehensive as it can mean “the end”.

9 Likes

The end of a 4 part arc as advertised? Sure. I think that’s exactly what this is :wink:

Endings also mean new beginnings. But for who? The Atlas or The Void Mother?

An outro credits Rap would be a fantastic 90s throwback. Perhaps thats how it ends. A rap battle between ATLAS and V O I D

In all seriousness, personally I don’t see it ending in conflict, I think it will be closer to how the Korvax freed themselves from the Gek. Something akin to the Atlas having an epiphany or change of heart, and aiding Void Mother.

7 Likes

Measure of resistance (ohm) uses an Omega symbol.

7 Likes

It’s that big culinary and nutrition update we’ve all been asking for :slight_smile:

9 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes