Light No Fire

4 Likes

It looks insane! Bunny people, dragon riding. wow

4 Likes
8 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Light No Fire

Looks like the speculated Space Stations will be a reality

9 Likes

Wait, rogue trader is out? Darn it, when did that happen?

3 Likes
2 Likes

It also looks like another set of improvements to starships. That red one at the end of the video, technically a similar design exists, but it’s way more detailed with more complex animations than what we have currently.

7 Likes

Yes. Whole station looks sharper too and the upgrade in looks is so nice.

6 Likes

I know right? '^ _^ I’m using Dave the Diver to distract myself til next week when it makes more sense financially to purchase :smiley:

Lost my mind so much over new Hello Games IP that I totally missed this little snippet of celebration and teaser. Great to finally see all that space station spoiler I was trying so hard to pretend I was avoiding and hadnt seen :wink:

7 Likes

Noticing this in the description of LNF. “Set sail across vast oceans and rivers…”
If they can do rivers in LNF, why not NMS?

6 Likes

There are things shaped like rivers in NMS, the key is that there is no fluid physics. I don’t think there will be any fluid physics in LNF either, it appears to be the same engine. Boats in LNF will just be able to move because of supposed wind currents or the player paddling. Any water waves will still just be texture trickery

7 Likes

I’d love something similar to Valheims wave physics but even that has trouble syncing with 6-8 people around and the game limits servers to 10 players. I really don’t see it happening but I’m gonna live in that pipe dream.

You can see during the trailer the water does seem quite flat and unalive when the player character walks past (FYI valheim water is the same, it doesnt activate its physics until players are IN or very near the water) so sailing earth sized oceans will be daunting in scale but maybe not daunting in weather reports.

Of course we can only talk about Light No Fire’s condition leading up to launch, who knows what ten years of updates will bring for this new title :wink:

So I’m on topic… I wonder what sort of cross promotion we’ll see in No Mans Sky in the lead up to this game? Would love some poster art with the animal friends for LNF for my NMS freighter. Framed photo of my other family while I’m working the space oil rigs far from my earthly home :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes
5 Likes

Since the trailer shows a new space station type and interior plus new starship look, I wonder if they also made enhancements to freighters and frigates.

Inquiring minds want to know.

6 Likes

Android…iOS

6 Likes

Wait, wha…? It’s not though, right? I thought we said it couldn’t run on mobile at current tech?

3 Likes

Well, it’s running on the switch and on steam-deck (I think?). So it probably wouldn’t be impossible to get it to run on high-end tablets. Android and iOS power more than just phones, after all…

Going by their track-record so far, it’s not impossible they set that goal if they think it would pay for itself (though I’d like to see official linux support first, to be honest).

5 Likes

Amen! I cannot run NMS on my PC right now in linux. It was running beautifully.

3 Likes

Most likely an error by whoever wrote up the copy for the post, you gotta think they probably type Android,iOS next to eachother so often it can become autopilot or lazy brain could even manifest a visual memory of you reading it cos yay human brain also likes shortcuts :smiley:

If it does come to Android on supported devices I wouldnt be shocked but can we just give Switch folk Settlements so they have reason to actually expand on the concept before we start sticking it on more platforms? Pretty Please? Ah no you guys are alright, you keep shoving that Atlas into as many gadgets as you can <3

5 Likes