Future Update Speculation

Remember the flame thrower that showed up in certain MTs? Did that become available to buy? I still have mine. Maybe we will need it to thaw some ice. Maybe find more lore on some travelers frozen deep in ice on a snowy world.

8 Likes

Awesome thought with the ice melting. It ties together well with some of the prementioned theories.

The Flamethrower is still not available for regular purchase, unfortunately.

7 Likes

We have one available for the minotaur. I don’t expect it to become a normal multitool extension, but who knows.

Anyways, my guess is: Snow Piercer! We’re getting trains! With entire settlements on them! Obviously…

6 Likes

Found on the NMSCord, thoughts? There arent screenshots yet though. Take this with a massive grain of salt. Anyone on gamepass able to verify?

6 Likes

Looking forward to whatever happens when I get up tomorrow…

6 Likes

Sounds good to me. I enjoy the expeditions…except for the one where we kept having to die. :grimacing:

6 Likes

You only had to die once… All the rest was voluntairy.

8 Likes

A bit like real life, then…

14 Likes
4 Likes

:rofl: the forum almost made that a headless cowboy

Updating on Steam Deck and Switch

8 Likes

The Ice Cowboy cometh…

5 Likes

7.6 Gb? A bit more than a mission, then.

So much for XBox leaks. Pffft.

5 Likes

It appears the leak wasn’t far off the mark. There’s the whole VR overhaul, but apart from that, the ship and the expedition seem to be the major points.
Except, just by the wording, this expedition might introduce some new features. The goal is “to restore an entire solar system”… Not sure what they mean by that, could be it’s just narrative fluff, but it’s also possible this actually delivers new game mechanics. We won’t know for sure until the patch notes are released.

Meanwhile, there must be some reason why the update is called “Fractal”. You don’t call an update for a major procedurally generated game “Fractal” just for fun. That word creates some technological expectations…

8 Likes

I am seeing pics of new worlds

5 Likes

Interesting, screenshots of the next release of the game Space Engineers also accidentally appeared on the xbox site. Is that a new service Microsoft offer? Attract attention with leaks? :laughing:

4 Likes

Looks like I was pretty much correct, other than VR update, no other major features added in Fractal apart from an expedition and some performance and gameplay tweaks

7 Likes

They did add support for PS5 controllers on PC. Feels weird having force feedback on the gun trigger. Unfortunately VR is kinda messed up at the moment, with bad performance.

4 Likes

Glad I didn’t buy a PSVR2 yet then

4 Likes

Sorry, I meant vr on the pc. I’m sure it’s perfect on PSVR2.

edit: NMS often needs a windows restart before it plays well again, but I tried that last night, several times, and it made no difference.

Well today I turned all the graphics settings up, then I turned them back to where they were before (after several restarts) in both 2d and VR and now it all seems ok. There was a small update, so maybe that fixed it.

5 Likes

I think you can turn that off.
It can be turned off/ reduced on the console, so there should be an option on PC too.

4 Likes