Flight Underwater?

Ok since we can build bases underwater…Do you think HG is working on the underwater flight limitations too? And I wonder what would it take to remove the limitations.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

It probably wouldn’t be hard for them to enable underwater ‘flight,’ I’m just not sure its necessary.

They would have to make it feel good, look good, and be useful in some way, you know?

1 Like

Not sure how I feel about my starship going underwater, but having a submarine would be cool!

4 Likes

Wow No Imagination…what about USO’s? They’re a thing…Sort of. If we’re going to have underwater bases wouldn’t it make since to be able to land at your underwater base as well. I wouldn’t want to swim to my base every time I need to drop in to pick my plants.

2 Likes

A tech upgrade installed in your ship, nomad, and/or suit, to make moving in water easy, would be nice.

You could teleport in, but that sends you to the base computer and not another teleporter. not sure if you can get the Computer in a water right structure. :thinking:

2 Likes

Nevermind…missread flight as fight.

Yes…yes I did.

Personally I sort of like @Sir_oops 's idea. You could buy technology that turns your ship into a submarine.
This would be useful on ocean planets. Practically, though, I’m not sure that we really need it because there are already exocraft that can travel underwater. It would be a nice addition to No Man’s Sky though.

3 Likes

I like this type of thinking too. We need better travel underwater.

2 Likes

We need better things underwater first, I think. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think the whole idea is to use the ship to get to your underwater base…currently you have to swim.

1 Like

8 Likes

Let’s just assume for a minute our space craft could go underwater (thru an upgrade or whatever) then maybe there should be sentinels underwater too, right?

2 Likes

Found a moon with indications of ‘Stellar Corruption Detected’. The ‘trees’ looked just like the weeds in comment 12 above. They waved around as though they were in water instead of air.

Standing back a little for perspective.

Further back.

So you could accept the illusion of being under water and travel about in your spacecraft.

5 Likes

:ghost: Their the souls of trapped echos and Ware tech users!!! The faces, the faces! ahhhhh!

4 Likes