NEXT: Your dream home

Now that building anywhere will soon be a thing, where will you be setting up shop?

For practicality, creating a base right below a Trading Post would be cool, boasting adequate parking and ready access to the latest ship models.

But I think my ideal base would be right on the shore, there would be a couple of landing pads, some windowed rooms and a rooftop bar, (as is the trademark with my bases) for friends to come over and watch the sunset. Then descending down to the shoreI would have a pier where my nomad will float and at the end, a ladder will descend down to some underwater rooms where you can look out at the fish swimming past and maybe even go for a swim yourself through the holo-door.

Either that or an evil villain type base where just the landing pad is visible above water, the rest is submerged.

Bases in caves would be incredible too, you could build cuboid rooms up to provide access to the top of the mountain.

The possibilities are over-whelming and whatā€™s even more amazing, is that I will be able to do all of the above at the same time if I want!

11 Likes

Iā€™m going to try my limited building skill on a mountain chalet

8 Likes

Personally with the expanded build cap and our ability to own unlimited bases I will mainly be building near portals as Iā€™ll eventually be looking to make a galaxy wide network of bases. Landing pads while resource intensive to build Iā€™ll be making myself as my core system will feature a massive resource generating industry producing everything that can be produced. Stuff like trading outposts and such I mainly plan to just mark with beacons. The concept of a relatively hidden ocean base and such is cool but I kind of wonder what that entails in terms of landing optionsā€¦I could build a landing pad just above water level if need be but weā€™ll have to see. Time will tell whatā€™s all that will be possible with the hundreds of new base parts weā€™ll be getting.

8 Likes

I plan to be built in 4 main areas: My own region, 2 spacing guild areas and in the ETARC Hub.

Half of these will be social/embassy type constructs. The other 2 will be focused upon production.

Being unsure about new building limits and visibility across modes, I do not know if this will be done on 1-2 save files or across 4 or more.

7 Likes

Does anybody know if we are able to trade or sell ships?

I want to build a dodgy used ship lot :grinning:

7 Likes

Just build on whatever save file you primarily play onā€¦Iā€™m building all my stuff in Normal modeā€¦trying to spread out and build across several saves and modes is probably going to be a pain.

3 Likes

Possibly worth analysing this a little:

"Unlimited Base Building

Bases can now be built anywhere on any planet.
Dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits.
Hundreds of new base parts.
Own multiple bases."

Base complexity and size is ā€œdramatically increasedā€ not ā€œunlimitedā€.

i.e. you can build them bigger, and more complex, but there still seem to be limits.

11 Likes

Your current ship has trade in value when you buy a new one of about 2/3rds of its upfront priceā€¦so if you pay 21 million for a new ship youā€™ll get a 14 million trade in value when you buy a new one.

3 Likes

Well they tweeted this:

So each base can only be so big but thereā€™s no cap on how many bases you can own.

4 Likes

Iā€™d be more inclined to believe the, ā€˜dramatically increasedā€™ line. I mean unlimited would surely imply you could cover an entire planet in base building parts ala Coruscant, which even Iā€™m not sure I want.

But farming I think just went into overdrive. Take a LE farm. Most will yield around 24 LE every two hours. Now with NEXT on a toxic world, you could have one base using all complexity to farming Echinocactus and Mordite, another dedicated to farming Fungal Mould.

Profit margins would be through the roof! Watch them nerf the sell valuesā€¦

8 Likes

I donā€™t expect that an unlimited number of bases will be allowed per planet but probably at least 4 as the game is built on 4 player teams so presumably 4 bases practically one next to another should be possible. But universe wise they seem to be saying thereā€™s no limit on how many bases we can own. I plan long term to have at least a dozen bases in total and at least 4 in my core system(though on different planets to harvest different atmospheric gasses and plant different plants in the ground directly).

2 Likes

Someone on Reddit theorised that the pics revealed where you see someone ā€˜miningā€™ a wall are actually creating the structure. They went on to guess that you build your base in Hologram form and others help you actually build it, it was reinforced with the ā€˜Blueprint Projectorā€™ from WT.

But yeah, I agree there will have to be limits, but even if you set up a LE farm on at least two toxic worlds, right next to the portal, you would still be quids in.

3 Likes

Oh that would be nice but if possible probably not very practical for very high resource cost bases. But they might have blueprints for some relatively cheap ready to set down full buildings. Probably not the largest of bases and probably nothing too useful comes built in but basic structures you can later fill in.

2 Likes

I will be building:
-A base on a floating island
-An underwater base
-A base deep in underground caves

12 Likes

Never build near a volcano. It doesnā€™t end well.

8 Likes

I will tinker some. More then likely, I will try to find an excellent builderā€™s base and crash on their couch. :crazy_face: Hey, Osho you wouldnā€™t happen to have a room available? :smile:

A base on a floating island! @MacForADay Yes!

Space elevator?

4 Likes

For me itā€™s going to have to be, Underwater base, mountainside base with carved out exocraft tunnel and path, and a colony setup similar to mass effect andromeda. I cannot properly convey how excited I am for thus update and to officially settle into Euclid while joining fellow Citizen Scientists!

5 Likes

I can see each base costing more, i.e. more resources, maybe an increasingly costly cash outlay. Maybe primo planetary base-building real estate will cost an arm and a clawed appendage. Otherwise, as pointed out above, theyā€™d have to nerf sell values, or else half the populated galaxy will be rich inside 16 simulated seconds.

1 Like

Iā€™ll see what the undreds new building possibilities will bring but iā€™m crazy enough to try to build villages in different biomes, as some did in Rising world. At least if the new lore match with the idea of populated place.
Can you imagine such place with NMS design ?

And i want to see what a capital ship will be of course.

5 Likes

There is so much to discover in NEXT that there is really no way to know what my dream base will be. A Dreamer would like a base on a Water planet by the ocean with part above ground, part below ground and part below the ocean. (The best of all the possibilities) :joy::star_struck:

1 Like