Expeditions 3 outpost

Can someone tell me what counts as an outpost? I have used star charts to land at archives transmission towers minor settlements and none of them count

2 Likes

I think (but don’t quote me) that the save points at any NPC planetary bases get you this one.
I did the Expedition weeks ago so can’t quite remember… I could be wrong.
Also check the mission is active in the Expedition part of the Log as this sometimes stops it from registering…

1 Like

Well I have tried almost every type except trading posts which I can’t find and none have worked

1 Like

My partner just said that she got them from walking under Trading Posts (where the icon is).
I thought I got them just by going to the various bases around the planet.

Can you get the ship tech for locating Trading Posts from the Anomoly? I can’t think of its name…“Economy Scanner”, something like that?

1 Like

It is economy scanner. And there is a scanner icon at ground level under trading posts. I don’t really know anything about expeditions, but I would try going down there and walking into the marker.

1 Like

Unfortunately the anomoly is not avaliable in expeditions

1 Like

Again, not knowing about expeditions…in regular games I have gotten economy scanner blueprints from salvage ship beacons quite a few times. Of course finding a shipwreck is no easier than just flying around and spotting a trading post. One thing that might help is watching for ships on the radar thing in your ship. The traffic parked around a TP is pretty unmistakable.

1 Like

It’s trading posts…
You should get a marker when you activate the milestone. Whether it will be within range is another question, though.

1 Like

Yes. It is a large trading post. I was lucky. Mine was nearby. I jumped to it using the Mech.

No it doesnt give me a marker. It just says use visor or mech radar to locate buildings. I will just have to keep trying i guess

1 Like

You can locate buildings with the mech once you’ve built the scanner upgrade. You just have to do it from the quickmenu, not with c.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I finally found one in another star system

4 Likes