Expedition 7 Leviathan

Some images from Steam, which were uploaded by Hello Games

7 Likes

This expedition is exhausting. I finally found a planet with storm crystals. I was tired of looking so was not about to pass the planet up.
Attacked by pirates just as I was about to land.

I think there is land down there

Finally landed and grabbed a huge group of crystals. Surrounded by Puffers, lightning flashing all around me, and a tornado right over my head was just starting to drag me away when I managed to enter my ship.

That was when Telemon informed me Incoming Stormā€¦ :dizzy_face: But what was that? A breezy Sunday afternoon in the park?

9 Likes

Just as I suspected it would be.

I laughed out loud at your comment and patted myself on the back for deciding to forgo this one.

3 Likes

It is draining. :weary: :grin: I wonder how many people will skip this one?

4 Likes

Beeblebum explains the progress bar.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree.
After a few failed attempts to get going, I was ok but Iā€™m a fairly experienced NMS-PD player so was ready for the grindy stuff.
What I wasnā€™t ready for, was the changes brought on by near constant pirate & sentinel attacks, (made worse by the fact I didnā€™t realise for ages I had a Command Ship on call I could hide inā€¦ if I was quick).
I made my life even more difficult by skimping on upgrades (due to nanite cost) so I was constantly frozen on the derilict freighters (2) & always nearly killing myself by leaping about on steep country.
I ended up a frizzly-haired, wide-eyed, anxious mess by the time I aproached the last stages.
Sentinels nearly got me when I left an aggressive planet just as they had spotted me. Terrible experience.
Iā€™ll need therapy after thisā€¦

I did have a fabulous moment when some space-whales appeared, high overhead, just as I approached a grave. Of course this joy was ruined when monstrosities popped out all around me & I sprinted off across the landscape in urgent search of Xanax.

Not funny, Sean. Not funny.

8 Likes

They only pop out when youā€™re stealing their eggs, so I think that oneā€™s on you. Unless HG implemented a change I suggested long ago, without mentioning it in the patch notes.

4 Likes

Theres a certain grave where they pop up after you talk to the grave I think, that might be what theyā€™re talking about.

7 Likes

Ahā€¦ havenā€™t gotten that far yet, only had a bit of an hour to spend on it.

4 Likes

@ThatBomberBoi Shhhhā€¦thatā€™s a surprise for the uninitiated.
:woozy_face:

6 Likes

Man. :sweat_smile:
Mrs M.H. is going to try this!
We are talking basic skill, no combat skills, zero PD experience, minimal patience.
I predict much disturbance in the NMS ā€˜forceā€™ is soon to befall us.
:rofl:

6 Likes

I find the stress building as I progress nearer the end. Especially after taking down a full wave of sentinels. With each progression, more is at stake and I am nearing the final stage where I have no idea what the missions are because they are scrambledā€¦ :worried:
I died at the end of the 2nd stage by tripping over a rock. At the end of the 3rd stage, when the sentinels came after me, I had a sudden framerate drop (again) and had to flee in slow motion over steep terrain looking for a spot to call my ship in. It was terrifying. I kind of dread jumping back in today. :sweat_smile: but the sudden appearance of the whales made me want one so badly.
All of this makes me wonder: was it difficult to put space whales in the game? Did HG have to go thru a lot of pain to get them in there? Are we paying the price for begging for these things?

7 Likes

It seems that querying the grave disturbs the loop, and you get attacked. I havenā€™t worked out what youā€™re supposed to do with the attackers, though. So far, Iā€™ve had monstrosities and corrupted sentinels. Given the tedious consequences of my death, Iā€™m very reluctant to engage in risky activity - so up 'till now, Iā€™ve run away.

However, the game seems to be suggesting that I should fight the attackers, and it seems to suggest that this is linked to the completion of the universal loops.

I would like to complete the objectives - but Iā€™m not going to volunteer to restart the whole damned game in order to achieve it.

7 Likes

I donā€™t quite understand the % counter in the on screen prompt either. It started at 8% until complete and has dropped to 6% but it is confusing. Does it relate to the overall progress bar that completes the optional missions? This is the most confusing expedition ever which only heightens the stress.

3 Likes

I think the Universal Progress bit it shows in the bottom right is an overall indicator of all 5 teirs, while the indication in the mission log is of the current tier.

Also, looked at the reward table earlier, looks like HG added a new reward everytime you submit dust or things to Polo which sends mission contribution. Cant wait to make an item I can spam to send contributions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

If I understood that right, the more universal loops are completed, the better the upgrades get you receive from memory fragments. I.e. completing universal loops makes restarting less painful for everybody.

5 Likes

So im starting to think that when I died and kept some of my things, that it may have been a bug :thinking:

I guess I dont deserve this easy win and so im going to do this expedition again :triumph:

5 Likes

In that case, just let yourself die and start again. That way you keep your memoriesā€¦or something like that. :laughing:

4 Likes

I have no idea what just happened. I regenerated right on top of someoneā€™s base. It almost killed me. I could not move for the longest time. Thankfully I am back on my Freighter and now I have to leave for a bitā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™ve played a bit with the looping and have never kept anything in my inventory across loops but some things do persist, like save beacons. Most things that get uploaded to the servers seem to stay. Additionally if you scan all creatures on a planet you can reclaim those nanites from the discoveries page. I saw a mention last night that bases remain, IDK if they have to be uploaded for that to work but if they keep their parts maybe I can build stuff to destroy later and retrieve materials. Iā€™m going to start a new game and concentrate on building up the shields and multitool needed to farm derelict freighters . This should give me lots of chances to test loops until I get enough power to survive :slight_smile: You can get 2-3K nanites and several million units per run. Polo seems to give a new broadcast receiver each time you turn in the somnal dust. (What does that name even mean? There is a drug with that name, a hypnotic sleep aid. And a few unlikely anagrams. :thinking: )

4 Likes