ETARC Link Broke

I have a link in my browser that connects me to this community. Late yesterday afternoon, I clicked on the link, but instead of connecting, I got a message from my anti-virus software saying the site I was attempting to connect to contained dangerous URLs.

I was able to override the warning, and continue to the site, but what opened was not ETARC/CSD, but a defunct Discourse site leading nowhere.

I have since had to rebuild the browser link - which, as you can see, now works again.

Since this has happened to me, it occurs to me that others may also be affected. If so, they may be unable to post here, or even see the site. It may just be a glitch on my computer - but if it’s something larger, I’m not sure what we can do for members who now find themselves cut off.

I welcome suggestions. Even an acknowledgement will let me know you’re still connected.

9 Likes

That’s really weird. I had no such issues, still using the same bookmark as in the olden days. On a technical level I could only really imagine such a behavior on a localised level due to a bad DNS entry somewhere up the chain, but that kind of thing is basically unheard of. So… really no idea what happened there.

6 Likes

no issues.

6 Likes

No issues here either.

6 Likes

Thank you for the replies so far. It’s looking like the problem was only at my end, then - which is a relief.

5 Likes

No issues.
Link used: https://forums.atlas-65.com

6 Likes

Well, I had an issue with my link not wanting to open. It was just me and the Atlas 65 logo staring at each other. I closed it and re opened 3 times and it finally worked. The only other issue I have ever had was my link to the shortcut being broken by an update (I assume)
I did get a notification window when the forum was down for maintenance.
In your case, it almost sounds like the discourse was moved…I don’t really know about these things but it did take a while for me to connect this morning.

5 Likes

I see this just fine. On a new mobile device, though, I didn’t have the link and found that web searches didn’t show the right one.

I had to go back to my PC and check the book mark’s URL.
:worried:

5 Likes