Etarc Hub Is Open

No, you can’t portal between galaxies. Sorry.

3 Likes

Oh well. At least I finally packed up and moved. My home planet was resource deprived. Happy hubbing!

2 Likes

You could make a new save, like you said. I did, My 1st day save is in Calypso and I just started a new one a few weeks back. Luckily, my starting position was close to pilgrim star, but I am on my way to ETARC. I am also there in creative mode.

1 Like

If you really wanted to, you could start another normal mode game, whilst still keeping your old game. The save system will allow you to have several (up to six, off the top of my head). I currently have three different games on the go at the same time, and I swap between them as the feeling tales me.

2 Likes

I will consider that. It just took me forever to get all the glyphs and it will prolly be true again. So even if I do it would take a while for me to be ready to portal.

2 Likes

I started a new game about two weeks ago. In that one, I’m up to thirteen glyphs. It’s not that hard, once you know how it works.

Anyway, have fun.

3 Likes

Thanks again for the nice planet! Someone should go ahead and enjoy it.

2 Likes

Don’t feel too sorry for me. Jumped back to my furthest exploration point and found a Blissful Planet with minimal sentinels and rare fauna and blue grass (cushy, cushy)

3 Likes

Despite my lack of forum activity lately I have still been hard at work exploring my star chain. I have found a planet which is very nice, I’ll post some more details when I’m ready to share them.

Portal is 21minute walk from base, nomad would be quicker.

Weather is perfect, no storms etc. Albumen pearls grow in abundance as does Emeril.

My chain is located in the Gamma Quadrant so perhaps we could colonise a chain in each quadrant?

4 Likes

I’m interested in seeing your multi-star-type star-chain.
I wont be able to get on NMS for a couple weeks but perhaps you could PM me an address or co-ordinates so I might come for a look-see when I do. Might even make a pilgrimage out of it. You made the find so you define the rules regarding discovery/claiming and so forth.
A starchain in each quadrant sounds like a good goal plus we could learn from the current hub where too many systems got messily named.

2 Likes

Mac Foraday has a YouTube video. Its a tour of that chain system.

3 Likes

We miss you, built any new bases lately? I have the first five glyphs in normal, can’t get to the Hub, but maybe I can reach you.

Yeah, the Spacing Guild claimed most of the hub for us thru their H.E.A.D. project. They left the chain alone, for the most part.

4 Likes

I’m after the last 6 glyphs to be a part of that project and do some discovering and naming too. That is such a unique part of the galaxy, one long chain of stars connecting two clusters.

2 Likes

I will share my chain, the Gates of Aemilius, once I have named all 18 stars in the chain. The planets themselves I will leave open for people to discover, save one, the one I will claim as my new Home.

I’m working on the names now so I just need to get round to visiting them all and naming them!

4 Likes

Almost ready to share my chain with you all, I spent most of last night warping to each system in the chain having a little look around for possible home and then warping again.

I traversed about 70% of the chain so nearly there. Unfortunately, two mishaps have occurred.

One system is now named ETARC The :man_facepalming: In retrospect it doesn’t look too bad when the default System is tagged on the end, but still.

The second is that someone else has already discovered one of the systems in the chain and moved off.

Annoyed I am.

3 Likes

Probably a portal hopper. At least they didn’t move in and start exploring.

3 Likes

@Oshoryu The funny thing about the naming error is how it will look when someone warps there. Everyone will read : ETARC The system
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

:smile: Yeah it looks Ok in a sense that I could just about get away with it. Just my OCD I guess.

Definitely more annoyed about someone discovering a system in the middle of the chain though

4 Likes

Definitely! How rude!

2 Likes

Anyone still have a base in or near the hub?

2 Likes