ETARC/ Hub Discussion started July 17, 2018

Yes. And thank you for setting up the voting. We have a winner and so we can move forward with that. And I am all out of likes today already, which is not good considering what is happening in the element 6 thread. So here is a LIKE for all you do! :heart:

2 Likes

When it comes out and all the base features and the integration of multiplayer and the like, it might be best to follow this up after we know what dangers could follow. With PVP in game, and we don’t know exactly what will be the situation with hubs as they cluster; some factors like enforcement and the like would require things like permissions perhaps. Like an in game hub listing with options for the players within it. As for the defensive portion, if this is going to be a hazard for a large group of clustered bases in a hub, we might want to see what is the full brevity of this and what it poses. I’m no leader here for sure; sleep to much and on not as often as I once was. I will say I think we have been already operated as a hub in a democracy but with few opposed to those who might come later, general agreement between the people most active is a really important measure in the points to come. So far, it’s been pretty obvious you all have great points and values when it comes to collaboration and working together. Everyone here is pretty welcoming, I’m pretty confident when it comes up on the update day; that which will come to follow will be a pleasant foundation for what’s to come (pun intended).

I have always been fine with any of the designs, some really nice works of art. So I am glad you can all move forward, being happy with a winner!

On a side note, @sheralmyst, considering I created the poll, do you wish for it to be closed? Not closing the topic of course, as we generally don’t close topics on the forum. Maybe leave a reference to this topic?

1 Like

Sure. Closing would seem to be in order. Do as you see fit.

1 Like

The Spacing Guild will always support ETARC in any way it can.

5 Likes

Thank you @MacForADay. :sunglasses: :grinning:

3 Likes

Stepping out for a bit. Have things to attend to this morning. Will be back for whatever is happening at 10 am CDT. :blush:

1 Like

There’s a reason I left that conversation. We were supposed to be “instigators”, not decision makers. The instant we started acting without asking, or even announcing it, to the forum was when I had enough. This logo thread nonsense went too far.

1 Like

I believe I am done instigating the ECSD hub, and will crawl back to my office on the 2nd floor of the CSFD building and continue to Instigate that lot. I will always be a member and try to share my opinion on matters, but like @SlowRiot4NuZero i think I will step away now. Thank you everyone for all you do for the Hub. :beers: heres to the Hub growing, but not to much. Hope to see some of you Orbs at a :fireworks: party :fireworks: of some sort before Next.

P.S. The CSFD will always fall under the Etarc Hub banner, so you guys let me know if I get out of hand. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

You will always be the #1 instigator. :sunglasses: Someone had to get the ball rolling! Thank you! :blush:

5 Likes

So seeing as NEXT will allow multiple bases, who wants to claim the PS4 Capital and get this, “End of the Current Iteration as we know it” Party started?

1 Like

It is going to be so much fun to not worry any more about base-wrecking. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

If you build it, Osho, they will come.

I call you Osho now to by the way. :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow,

Sorry some times I am slow, but it looks to me like I want to Sign up as a hub outpost for CSD, or CSD hub outpost, as soon as I can figure out where I am vs the hub. :wink:

XDragon

2 Likes

Welcome, pilgrim. PS4 or PC?

1 Like

The Hub is in Euclid. At the moment you must be in Euclid to portal there. Don’t know yet if that changes with NEXT. There are plenty of people here who can tell you how to get there when you are ready to move. Welcome!

I am in Hilbert currently,

I have heard some talk that 256=1, on the NEXT.

If true, well then I can find da hub :100:

XDragon

2 Likes

I have a proposal to put forth:
In our dilemma to get a logo for the forum and the ETARC Hubs, well, let’s just say it consumed a lot of time. :sweat_smile: But, that is all behind us now.
We have neglected to acknowledge that other Hubs also have a presence here. For instance, there is the Frontiers Division which @Sir_oops is a member of and there is @MacForADay with his unique Hub as well.
My proposal:
@Oshoryu has written a nice History of the ETARC Forum and it will contain a link to the ETARC Hub where @Polyphemus will have a letter of intoduction for those wishing to know more about the Hub.
Why not include links to the various Hubs that have a presence here. Each Hub could choose someone from among their ranks to write a letter of Intro stating their mission, objectives, etc…with info on how to join their Hub.
This way, ETARC/ATLAS becomes a Hub for the Hubs…new members and old alike will have a place to go and look through the available Hubs and can then make an informed decision if they are looking to join a cause.
Their links will then be contained in the ETARC History/ Intro and members will have immediate access to the options available.

3 Likes

My suggestion is to have less polls. I think decisions were tied up for too long and prevented the hub from growing. It’s better to just choose a place in space and let people start moving there, and worry about details later.

1 Like

For this to truly take-off, (and will be even easier with multiple bases) a representative from another Hub can create an Embassy within our Hub borders.

The location of which can be shared and messages of goodwill can be passed between Hubs this way.

3 Likes