Emily Glitch Video Analysis

that is the left and right wave patterns

So here my view on the differency of the audio wave form. I don’t know what you do with the audio @Polyphemus but there is clearly something wrong. Cause I took the video from the link you provide. I extract it in wav 24bits 48kHz. I’m using Izotop RX adv to analyse my sounds. So with no amplification, but with zooming in, I see a clear fade out/fade in as you see, but absolute zero in the middle, even when zooming to value of about -200 to -250 dbfs…

In the background you can see the spectrogram overlay. There is clearly no information in the middle.

Here the first zoom, look a the right side to see scale:

Here the full zoom at -235 dbfs:

2 Likes

sorry about not getting back to ya till now, had other things to take care of.
the first time i opened the file - 4 tracks showed up.

since that time I now only get 3 tracks showing up.

It is a common practice to over lay tracks to “hide” something.
The work that has been accomplished is fantastic.

No problem, life goes on :wink: Just trying to understand what you mean and how you get more than 2 tracks. Like I said, I can only get 2 audio channels, left and right (stereo), which both differ. Maybe you can explain how you get to 4 or now 3 tracks and what exactly you mean by that, if possible share a screenshot?

waking titan needs to give us something to do I think we all are losing out minds over this lol

5 Likes

My apologies to all concerned with this - it appears I have two WAV files. The one from the video I mentioned doesn’t seem to show data in the gaps. The other one does. Reading up on it, it seems that the Emily glitch was transmitted multiple time during the stream, at varying volumes.

It appears that some files have the data, and others don’t.

I will try to post a link to the one I’ve been talking about later today.

Sorry about that.

5 Likes

I was wondering why we only had a 20 second clip when she popped up like three times

I am not able to find the clip that had 4 tracks at the present time.
4 tracks / channels showed up the first time I open the file.
Now I only see 2 :frowning:

its a count down lol 2 more ticks and all of our computers will blow up

1 Like

Phew! Mind-Blown with all of this stuff. But, it’s all so interesting, nonetheless.
Now, that @Polyphemus has somewhat mentioned what’s going on with the video itself. Maybe a couple of you Smart Cookies can take a look at what @TotalDamnation has suggested a couple times… most recently over on the other thread.

https://forums.etarc.org/t/emily-echos-audio-investigation/1823/2?u=lilladyd76

OK, I created a Dropbox account, and I put the file with data in the blank spaces (EmilyGlitch.wav) in there.

I’ve tested it myself, and it seems to work, but loading it into ETARC is causing peculiarities.

So let’s see if it works for you. Here’s the link:

[Dropbox - EmilyGlitch.wav - Simplify your life]

(edit) sorted out the hyperlink.

This might be nothing but there is what looks like a plant in the background of the glitched video over Emily’s right shoulder that looks almost like a Chinese symbol…I could be imagining it tho, I’d welcome any opinions :smile:
P.S. If it is just a plant it looks like it’s dying!!

It works! :wink: Just letting you know.

Please guys, there is nothing to be found.
I found music and animal sounds hidden in sequence two wich ended up being nothing and so far you found nothing wich will end up being nothing, so stop wasting your time. :tired_face::grimacing::zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Thank you. Have fun.

1 Like

It would be interesting to have someone check the relative volume levels on each of the five times Emily appears in the livestream, and whether this correlates to volume changes in the stream itself. If the stream volume changed, then we can chalk it up to that, but if only the Emily videos changed volume, that’s more interesting, though not necessarily evidence it was intentional.

It would, but I can’t find them. I tried to record them at the time they were streamed, but it didn’t work. I have a copy of the video from Game Detectives, but that’s just one Emily glitch. I have the audio only from one of the other glitches.

If anyone knows where all five can be downloaded, I would be interested.

I believe @Difficultlevel was working to capture audio from these clips, but don’t know how far he got.

I just grabbed them, working on aligning and comparing/contrasting.

For info:

46.30 to 47.00 weird mic clicks
1.24.50 Emily Glitch 1
1.27.25 Emily Glitch 2
1.31.05 Emily Glitch 3
1.33.15 Emily Glitch 4
1.45.15 Emily Glitch 5

you can use audacity and then set to windows wasapi and then select your speakers as the microphone to record the sound. if you have surround sound you might have to select 8 channels to capture the stereo.

I’ll upload them to clyp or sound cloud as mp3’s soon.

1 Like

Capture the audio using speaker → mic is going to introduce noise. It would be better to export the audio track from the clips directly using something like VLC.