Electricity and Piping 101

This was a quick setup for some first testing. Yes, it is pretty damn hard, although I am sure someone would make it all the way up if persistent enough.

The main lesson I learned is due to the size of the ball being bigger than the player, the player can reach the floor switch as well. I have now changed the size of the Sphere Creator, making the ball small enough to fit through a hole, keeping the player out. This then prevents the player from messing with the switches, solving a key issue.

Further testing with a smaller ball, turns out to work pretty well. The ball will be easier to manipulate and has more room on the ramp. However, due to its smaller size, it is a bit harder to control. It seems to move a bit faster and any push has more influence, whereas the larger ball feels heavier and responds similar. Makes sense due to the physics involved, although scaling by editing the save can have odd results. For example scaling down the floor switch, appears to increase the trigger area it has. I noticed this earlier and it doesn’t really make sense. I can live with keeping the floor switches at default scale though.

I made some additional minor changes to the challenge shown in the video. The end goal is now a tree house, which will likely be the title for this one. After some further testing, I think it can certainly be done now. Definitely not easy, but I nearly made it all the way up with some practise. Any new challenges will likely be less difficult, keeping this one as an exception. Will have to see how it all works out eventually and make changes as needed. I am having fun though and can imagine the final result being a success. :wink:

8 Likes