Does this game work with Wine?

I’m building a new computer with Linux, because I’ve decided that it’s really not worth paying the price of a motherboard for it. I’ve been looking forward to playing this game for years (I got it at launch but returned it since it didn’t run on my computer) but as it turns out it’s Windows-exclusive, so would I be able to use Wine or something else with it?

1 Like

No Man’s Sky can work in Linux! I’d use Lutris for running NMS; I haven’t done it myself, but know someome who has (And done it very well.) He used Lutris to run it. If I remember correctly, Lutris has specific parameters for WINE and then some. It’s going to be your best bet for NMS… If the recent updates haven’t done something to that. I’m going to be getting NMS in Linux myself (Ubuntu Studio 18.04.1 LTS,) so I’ll be sure to let you know how my progress goes with that!

1 Like

It will depend on your GPU how easy it will be to set up. If you have Nvidia, install the proprietary drivers. If you have AMD, you will need to get the most recent version of the open source drivers.
If you have the game on Steam, you can use steam play and proton. But I have the game on GOG, so I can’t really help there. I use Lutris and it works nicely

1 Like

No Man’s Sky works even with Amiga!

3 Likes