Did Hello Games save the best for last? What could the third part of Beyond be?

Did you notice in the trailer, after the guy removes the VR headset, a sentinel is still in the room and it is looking straight at us…:scream: And remember in the lore that they are flooding in and hunting down all anomalies, so if those rings in the online trailer are indeed the Boundary Failure ring structures and we are moving through them…we could trigger a new sentinel war.

5 Likes

Except this one will have sentinels in our living rooms. Even when we take the headsets off…

7 Likes

I thought this myself, then I started to think about Kyle’s meeting with Sean. He mentioned he was going to show something to someone later and if it gets the go ahead they can share it with us next week.

Sounds like they were meeting with sony to show off the VR trailer for consideration. If it never got the okay to be used for the Sony event, would we have found out about this as the second reveal? Or was it only the second reveal because of the timing with a Sony event and needing to showcase something relevant to their platform e.g PSVR.

I still think whatever the third update is will surprise us all but I don’t want to start imagining what could be better than VR and better online functionality. Must keep the hype train in check and stationary.

6 Likes

Na, let it head down the slope!!! lol
FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!

6 Likes

Well I did get a nice break from NMS so I could at least play some of the other games I had bought while I wondered why my Discoveries weren’t working :slight_smile: The thing is that when I lost that feature I realized how important and integral it was to my enjoyment of the game. People don’t realize that NMS 1.0 was an Online Experience from the start and that you needed to have a PlayStation account or a Steam account back then to get the full effect of it :slight_smile:

They Didn’t Ship The Game Originally With A Multiplayer Sticker (Mostly because of my theory that the 1.3 update’s Floating Talking Orbs was in the 1.0 update) On It Because They Wanted Bling On The Box But Because It Was Required By The Industry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No Man’s Sky: Conflict ??

3 Likes

Since NMS is solo exploration game for me and I don’t believe I can handle VR, I am really, really, hoping it will be planet focused in terms of extreme terrain, new and extreme animals, extreme weather and just a larger variety of weird and new planets.

Planet Extreme

5 Likes

@Wyo which version ya playing???

lol

I have found since the new updates extreme everything … extreme dead is included.

P.S. Oh btw way I found a planet with life on it…1, one creature on the whole planet…just one…butterflies.

4 Likes

I haven’t played NEXT.
Wasn’t willing to go through the upheaval a second time.
I bought the original game to be a lone space and planetary explorer. that was amazing!

I was just starting to think maybe things had settled down and I might try NEXT. And now these announcements. Sigh…

So I’m praying that their third item on the list is a true single player retro-version; the realization of their original dream game. Cause that was my dream game. No multiplayer, all the bugs fixed, and still with the ability to get the in-game achievements, earn an income, etc.

I’ve been lurking here, and I miss interacting with you all. But I have nothing to share but my appreciation.

I’m “hopeless and still hoping” that @HelloGames will fulfill the original early promise.

I’d even start (another) new game for that. I would even pay another $60USD for that. :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

(now to read the rest of this thread)

5 Likes

One thing is for sure, the third feature needs to be something that ADDS GAMEPLAY. Multiplayer enhances gameplay a bit but does not add new types of gameplay. VR just adds a new perspective on gameplay. The third feature needs to be something new we can do that we were not able to do before.

7 Likes

I also would love to go back to that version.

it was peaceful
it was wonderful
it was one of a kind

4 Likes

I believe this new multiplayer will be similar to other games and this time around, it will be a separate feature. That should make everyone happy. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

NMS Agents of Atlas.

The red of the BEYOND trailer background and the red figure watching the four NEXT players in the artwork, tell me the third part of the update will be Atlas related.
I think the red player figure is an agent of Atlas.

4 Likes

They said VR would not be a seperate mode and that VR would work with multiplayer. Therefore, multiplayer is also not a seperate mode.
If A equals B and B equals C, then A equals C.

2 Likes

Ah yes. Thanks for that reminder. I can always count on you to set me straight

2 Likes

Unless EMILY is involved.

lol

5 Likes

A multiplied by B can equal C while A and B are multiples of C meaning A and B can stand alone while still having something in common with each other and with C.

4 Likes

E is common in all = EMILY!

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah. I pre-ordered for (1) the wonder of using procedural generation that way and (2) for solo exploration and related xenophotography.

I am not an avid base builder nor at all interested in MP. I do like the community-related “research” they did, but that’s a vefry limited type of co-op. I rarely even use land or “water” vehicles.

I’d love improved Photo Mode options, including photo composition grid overlays, daytime “fill flash,” and variable torch intensity, though I’m not too hopeful about it happening anytime soon.

3 Likes

Been a while… What’s up?

Sean told in the past that an unique event/quest in every solar system would need to be completed in order to ‘reshape’ this Solar system, and that couldn’t be undone… Not the exact wording, yet may be what lies ‘beyond’ ?

4 Likes