Deep Mind's AI "dreams" much like Emily!

8 Likes

Googles various AI have been able to dream for quite some time now, at least 2 years form when I first heard about it, theres even apps online that let you run ai dreams over an existing image using a similar method to googles AI dreaming.

Heres one just as an example

https://deepdreamgenerator.com/

As for googles AI dreaming, heres the first I’d read on it,

Also when reading an old magazine in a friends I came across this twitterbot that makes art every day in a similar process to AI “dreaming” algorithms

https://twitter.com/greatartbot

6 Likes

If you read the article I linked, it’s talking about something a bit different than the art generating yours refers to, but thank you for another reference.

1 Like

I did not know about any of this! I think I might be unsettled…or excited about…I’m not sure, I can’t even tell…yet

In reference to my background profile image, while I wouldn’t call the style of wholly original, I could at least say was all my own work…or was it? Maybe while taking a nap, our deep minds are being infiltrated, to create similar patterns upon waking…

:crazy_face:

(Joking aside, thanks for the links to these fascinating posts, both)

3 Likes

Google scares me. My niece has an ex boyfriend who turned out to be a control freak so she broke up with him. He moved recently and in a phone conversation with a friend, the friend said he was a creep. Then Google sent a message to my neice about him informing her he had moved…this could be a good thing but also way too invasive for my taste as she did not search him online. Google was listening to her conversation?

1 Like

Well a lady from my work said she texted a friend, laughing “BWAHAHAHA!” and spell-check changed it to “BAHAMAS!” and her friend thought she was crazy! Yep, technology is pretty scary!

6 Likes

So who’s checking the spell-checker? lol

I worked with the Deep Dream app for a couple of days running about two (?) years ago, using one of my original paintings as the basis. Then I posted the results on line. Most of the comments I got were along the lines of “disturbing…” I must say I agreed with them.

If I can find the time, I’ll dig out the final one and post it here.(Also if I can find it at all --my drives are a mess.)

So yeah, I’m pretty sure EmilLoopy16 was/is/will be based on Deep Dream.

2 Likes

Heres one from my bros wedding using deep dream and a glitcher cos hallucinogenics broooooooooooooooaaaawwwwwoooaaaaharetheeesemyyyahaaaands?

warning: may cause motion sickness/vertigo/epileptic seizures/mass hysteria/moral panics

toddumptious-3175045 (1)

3 Likes

I get motion sick immediately upon viewing that. lol

Oh schnip, sorry man! I dunno if its my imagination but i just see dogs everywhere. Like theres an irish wolfhound on my stomach!

I’d love to see it. Could you perhaps also post an unglitchy version? I’d appreciate it (though I can’t add any more likes for five more hours - lol). My eyes are already glitchy from an rare inherited visual problem.

1 Like

Ooh, I actually do!

I’m on the left.

2 Likes

Oh, thank you! Also, I giggled at the new warning on the glitch-pic! -::grinning::-

And yes, now I can see the dogs! Your face has become a really good Wolfman impression.

Are these recent? Mine were always full of Mallard-like ducks. Perhaps Deep Dream has matured/changed perspective a little over time.

1 Like

Deep Dream, now with a preference for wolfhounds over mallards, but a constant bias for irish wildlife!

The wedding was march so… I probably made these between april-june of this year?

1 Like

Ah, yep. Sounds like a change-over-time. I really should dig out that old painting and run it through a few dozen more iteration in Deep Dream to see if I get Irish Setters this time. :`D

1 Like