Datamining (Maximum Spoilers)

Haven’t read it lol, haven’t had time yet lol. Just pulling what the tool I use thinks is new.

Def getting new icons pulled:

SPECIAL1.S_SIGN_BAR02
SPECIAL1.S_SIGN_BAR03

AHH.
Trace of Metal strings updated, because now available on switch.

5 Likes

I’m guessing it’s new as the video talks about a new companion

3 Likes

new LOC8 file added…explains it.

4 Likes

Upcoming QS items

8 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LZ49mxcESg-tByOAxAm6fNn-hs9R_0Qy?usp=share_link

Drive Link with a lotta pictures, videos, and the mod .Pak to enable the stations to generate in game.

5 Likes

Wonder if new planetary systems being added to universe take advantage of these or will they replace some variations?

Took look at some of it, TypeB Stations…I want Type S now lol

3 Likes

Legacy Zero did a good video showing off the new space station assets:

6 Likes

I just saw this video myself. It sounds like these were just new exteriors so far. There was no sign of new interiors in what was found.

6 Likes

Well, obviously it’s not complete since they haven’t released it yet. I doubt they would release space station exteriors this epic without adding new features along with them. My guess is it will be released along with other features in the summer

6 Likes

He makes a good point in the video about our larger ships clipping thru everything in the current space stations. So I am really hopeful there will be not only larger space station interiors but also random interiors. Either way, these look really nice on the outside.

7 Likes

Remember when the wings of your exotic used to poke up through the deck of your freighter? :joy:

9 Likes

Maybe this might explain why my framerate dropped horrendously in the abandoned space station during the expedition? Perhaps testing.

4 Likes

Or when the nose of my hauler blocked the outpost pathway and I had to jetpack over the nose. :grin:

3 Likes

So since I haven’t been playing much since finishing Utopia Expedition, and getting annoyed about not being able to backup my bases (Save Editor looking at you), I decided to add some more features to my tool thingy so I can do this. Then I figured hell why not make it so I can visualize what parts there are also lol.

But while I was updating code so I could once again read Save files, as this broke a few updates back for me, I also fixed viewing my inventories but what I dont understand is what the Inventory layout does if anything…as it seems to be just for backsword compatibility? As far as I can tell the Inventory Container structure contains all the data???

Anyone know if Layout is still used?

2 Likes

hit a snag. While trying to add an export Version similar to SaveEditor, for compatibility sake my 3D coordinates are different. Assuming its an issue with >NET vs JAVA // Double vs Float…but not sure how to get around. Mine Left, Save Export right

UPDATED
Narrowed it down, I believe when I use JsonConvert.DeserializeObject to go from string to JSON, the weird number stuff is happening here.

Think found it, FloatParseHandling = FloatParseHandling.Decimal, it seems much closer. But there is still some precision rounding taking place. NM LOL, Yup that got it, had some spots not using decimal setting, got nearly 1:1 match now.

Though now I am wondering why I seem to have even more precision now on the conversions then the JAVA version does on a few entries…hmm

3 Likes

One converting to floats, the other converting to doubles, maybe?
Hmmm, no, just looked at the actual numbers you posted, that’s the exact same precision. It’s just different formatting (with the one on the right being more readable).

2 Likes

1st issue was handling the JSON Floats as doubles, and it was rounding the ends and formatting similar to right. Started handling like decimals and the same data as JSON came through. Mine appears to match the JSON correctly now, but the JAVA one is formatting some of the even longer numbers. So I think it comes down to how .NET / JAVA handles these really longer numbers. May still try to do some rounding to get an exact match.

2 Likes

Uhm… There’s not really any floats in JSON. Javascript only has one number type, and that’s a double…
The formatting is mostly up to the serialisation library being used, which is where I’d assume the divergence in formatting comes from.
What’s the original binary value you’re reading from the save, though? Because I’d expect those to be merely floats. NMS doesn’t really have a use for double-precision vectors, and since it’s a 32 bit application, it would be wasting valuable cycles hassling around with them…
But I really wouldn’t worry about it. Digits this far behind the comma aren’t really relevant to this use case. I mean, we’re talking about, like, up to a couple hundred septillionths of a radian where directional vectors are concerned…

3 Likes