Daily like limit

I like stuff. If people make a point, or are just funny, I like it. People like likes, I like likes.

I just ran out of likes for the day… lol
Why?

1 Like

It’s a feature from the platform as well. I am guessing it is a way of avoiding spamming in some way. No worries you can show your love for posts again tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I can’t like this xD

But thank you for the quick explanation

1 Like

This is from the official doc for the discourse platform. Hope it clears some doubts.

There are a few levels users can have

0 (New) → 1 (Basic) → 2 (Member) → 3 (Regular) → 4 (Leader)

Users at trust level 0 cannot…

Summary
  • Send private messages to other users
  • “Reply as new topic” via Link button (UI removed)
  • Flag posts
  • Post more than 1 image
  • Post any attachments
  • Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
  • Have actual links in the ‘about me’ field of their profile (will be silently and temporarily converted to plain text)
  • Mention more than 2 users in a post

They can get to trust level 1 by…

Summary
  • entering at least 5 topics
  • reading at least 30 posts
  • spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 can…

Summary
  • use all core Discourse functions
  • Upload images and attachments if enabled
  • Edit wiki posts
  • Flag posts
  • have all new user restrictions removed

They can get to trust level 2 by…

Summary
  • visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • casting at least 1 like
  • receiving at least 1 like
  • replying to at least 3 different topics
  • entering at least 20 topics
  • reading at least 100 posts
  • spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 2 can…

Summary
  • Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics
  • Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM
  • Daily like limit increased by 1.5 ×

They can get to trust level 3 by…

Summary

This is time and activity based, unlike the previous levels. In the last 100 days…

• must have visited at least 50% of days
  • must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • must not have been suspended
  • These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

All of these must be true.

Unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements, whether from flagging or the passage of time, you will be demoted to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

Users at trust level 3 can…

Summary
  • recategorize and rename topics
  • access a private “frequent flier’s lounge” category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
  • have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow1.1k)
  • spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately hide the post
  • flags cast on TL0 user posts in sufficient diversity will auto-block the user and hide all their posts
  • make their own posts wiki (that is, editable by any TL1+ users)
  • Daily like limit increased by 2 ×

And then level 4 is the mod level that can only be given by the admins.

Of course this is assuming the forum uses the default values and neither @Emily or @oldgods changed them.

Not sure on the number of likes it is set for each level at the moment.

7 Likes

Very enlightening. Tyvm. I did not realise it was all that.

1 Like

Due to planned removal of the category ‘Technical Support’, I moved this topic to the following category:
https://forums.atlas-65.com/c/knowledge-center

Sorry for the necro in advance. Ran into exactly this today.

“You have no more likes for today” said the forum when I could finally browse the Graphic hiccups and funny pics topic without it stopping to load the pics after 5-10 posts. And now I can’t binge watch the whole thing, liking all that I find hilarious, becase giving out those little hearts is limited to X per day.

I read the discourse doc posted by @Balmoth, and man, what a pain in the … exosuit.
Basically you have to be a social Grandmaster and even then the amount of like you can throw around daily only doubles… I suppose there is a good reasoning behind this limit, to avoid overspamming it or something. But man. MAN! (Did I already say this? Man!) No fun. A big :no_good_man: to the discourse engine for combining the “won’t load” with the “does load, can’t like”.

So I’ll come back tomorrow and hope real good that the topic will “behave”.

lol to necro this is to put in a nice way. Even I haven´t logged in here in years. But yeah it is nothing that can be changed it is based on the platform used by the ARG at the time.

1 Like

Sorry @Balmoth, was going to post about the edits I had made to fix some formatting on the summaries. Great seeing you though, hope all is well

@zelbacsi The discussion about the like limit has been discussed before and brought up to the higher ups. I believe a small increase was made at the time, although I can’t fully recall. You can see some more discussion about the like rate in the topic linked below, it has some useful additional info. Each single like will expire in 24hrs and as explained here, increasing trust level will allow for more. You are just catching up with older content, which I can understand does not help when showing your appreciation.

I can bring up this discussion again, but I don’t think it will get us another increase. Some are running out today, as we just had a new major update which increased activity. I’d say give it some time and see how it goes once caught up.

Good to hear the other issue was absent this time. Keep us informed.

1 Like

@Balmoth
Hey, no worries, I can live with that. It was just the experience when somebody finally stops slapping you in the face from the left side, justs to give you one from the right. :smiley:

@DevilinPixy
I see. Don’t worry about it, I’m not that mad about it. Just a one time frustration, I just had to write out of my system. :slight_smile: I suppose I won’t learn to “like good”, because of forum engine. :smiley:

1 Like

Alright, do let us know if you experience further issues in a new or active topic. I will be closing this topic.

1 Like