CSD Dev Kit ARRIVED

Actually, cross play is possible. Fortnite is a modern day example of who is already currently successfully doing it. There is an option to toggle between platforms if you want to play with Ps4 only or XBox and ps4 or even against mobile players and pc players. So that way your not forced to play with PC players if you don’t feel comfortable.

How is it done? Honestly, i dont know. But I read somewhere that you have to sign up with Epic games and sign in and there is no other way around it.

1 Like

I know that crossplay is possible. Its just not healthy. I would not want ‘hackymcslinkyfingers’ continuously teleporting to my location every time I try to escape and avoid griefing/trolling.
Also, I play Fortnite alot, and what I had noticed was the people who wanted pc vs ps4 crossplay, were the pc players.

2 Likes

That is very true. Either way, atleast we know two things:

1. Cross play is possible.
  2. Turning off crossplay is possible.

What we don’t know is:

1. Will NMS have cross play?

My theory is:

No. I don’t think Hello Games, given just one year, can hand us crossplay multiplayer and all these options to turn it off. Programming multiplayer, as is, is a long process that involves alot of trial and error and balancing so I doubt HG would be able to pull-off cross play that quickly AND add extra features in the game. Too small of a team to do it so fast.

By not using the platform dependant API. It means epic games has its own user managment and match-making service. It’s not impossible, but now we’re talking major investment into a proprietary and self-maintained architecture. Not where I’d want HG to spend their money, honestly.

Also, fortnite is cross-play between consoles and PC. THere is no crossplay between Xbox and PS4 even there.

I’ve dealt with Sony (not the gaming division, but it doesn’t matter that much). It’s not entirely impossible that the suits in Japan will see sense if the money’s right (and right now it isn’t), but highly unlikely.

3 Likes

Leaving for work with my new point of contact 5!! and it’s not leaving my side!!!

16 Likes

@kyle-culver seems to be MIA. He hasn’t talked on here or uploaded any videos in a few days. I hope we will be able to progress if he doesn’t show up with his dev kit

1 Like

Lying comatose somewhere, under the influence of a Ware headset.

3 Likes

Isnt somethning supposed to be happening today, this was posted yesterday

Update on Arnaud’s condition.
No change on HR and BP
EEG still in high gamma zone at 87
Examination of body: Slight discoloration of fingertips

We’re getting close to a breach and probably will have something more for you tomorrow.

2 Likes

Well, yes, but we still need @kyle-culver’s input.

Hey, I’m the recipient of the remaining dev kit. I have no updates to report on it, except that I know it’s still in transit :slightly_smiling_face: And I’m 100% sure the puppet masters will give us another way to progress the ARG if the package doesn’t show up in time.

10 Likes

@violace
Thank you for letting us know!

We’ll be eagerly waiting for yours to arrive. No pressure. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

new status update guys

1. Cassini: Incomplete
  2. WT16: Incomplete
  3. Uplink: Incomplete
  4. Loop16: Processing
    Guidance subroutine checksum ///
    31 2e 20 77 61 69 74 69 6e 67 20 69 6e 73 74 72 75 63 74 69 6f 6e 73 20 32 2e 20 31 30 2f 31 35 20 33 2e 20 61 2f 4f 31 4f 73 65 65 42 20 34 2e 20 64 6f 77 6e 6c 6f 61 64 69 6e 67 20 76 6f 69 63
    65 20 64 61 74 61
3 Likes

Checksum hex converts to:

1. waiting instructions 2. 10/15 3. a/O1OseeB 4. downloading voice data
1 Like

so we shouid get a new precon007 data dump once the voice command finishes

Looks like Myriad updated again.

Latest network diagnostic table:

• Initializing connection
  • Myriad Code: CJ 16-02
  • Public Name: SJ 16-02
  • NORAD ID: 41634

HELP!

1 Like

A google search of NORAD ID 41634 gets a top hit of this page: https://www.n2yo.com/satellite/?s=41634 .

From the page is:

SJ 16-02
Track SJ 16-02 now!
10-day predictions
SJ 16-02 is classified as:

Military

NORAD ID: 41634
Int’l Code: 2016-043A
Perigee: 613.8 km
Apogee: 624.6 km
Inclination: 75.0 °
Period: 96.9 minutes
Semi major axis: 6990 km
RCS: Unknown
Launch date: June 29, 2016
Source: People’s Republic of China (PRC)
Launch site: Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center, China (JSC)

SJ 16-02 is a secretive Chinese satellite, being the second Shijian 16. A similar spacecraft launched from Jiuquan aboard another Long March 4B rocket in October 2013. Considering the unusual orbit about 375 miles (600 kilometers) above Earth, inclined 75 degrees to the equator, Western analysts believe the Shijian 16 satellites probably intercept electronic communications for analysis by Chinese intelligence agencies.

Not sure what this means, but passing on the data.

2 Likes

The satellite is the Red Splotch that moves on the www.satcom-70.com site. There was an active search on the WakingTitan Discord to find the profile of a satellite that matched the orbital pathway. Kurv, here on these forums, found the correct satellite. This update just confirms that discovery. (New files extracted from the satcom site! - #104 by Kurv)

TQQdles™

5 Likes