Cruel and Unusual Geography

Amazing how the landscape can change into almost impossible mountains. My planet posted above, was pretty much half covered and topped off because of their height. One critter was said to be found North, right in that mountain region, under water … lol. Was a pain to find water in between those insane peaks.

6 Likes

I once couldn’t even land, the mountains were so steep, took me a while to find a small flat area. And immediately 2 NPC traders landed within viewing distance from one another- they must have been quite desperate. :wink:

I named the planet “good luck with the mountains” and left. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

All of these cruel landscapes are beautiful until you’re stuck on one of them on foot.

I wonder if one of these would be a good alternative for the Rocketman Milestone for the current expedition: diving from the top and staying in the air for 30 sec?

5 Likes

Oh yes, certainly possible if you get enough forward momentum. I jumped down, but couldn’t get enough forward speed just by doing the melee jump. I then bumped into the rocks which gave me the forward speed I needed. Sounds odd, but it worked, lasting long enough I feel to get the 30s drop.

4 Likes

Yes! Sometimes it’s hard to even find a place to land – especially if terrain draw-in is slow and you keep getting the message that you can’t land there. Grrr.

6 Likes

If you need to get around on one of these extreme mountain planets, find your self a critter (or pet) to ride. They have been able to climb everything I ever tried with ease. Given one large enough to have the stamina you can even run up hill. Sometimes if you ride near the nose of the animal it will stick you through the geometry (interesting view / photo op), but so far it is the fastest I’ve found for getting around.

8 Likes

We need a terrain manipulator for our ships. Flatten a space in which to land. ;`)

9 Likes

Weather is cruel

9 Likes

It Beckons

Sorry, I did not think to record until I was almost at the top. My O2 was full when I started.

12 Likes

Planet filter

10 Likes

16 Likes

I think we could use a terrain manipulator for our ships. Level the landing space please

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum @marissaadrianna83

2 Likes

Yes, take some pics and stay a while. :grin:

1 Like

8 Likes

10 Likes

If the planet had scary fauna, a good name might be Peak-a-Boo!

4 Likes

Also a good name if there’s an alcoholic security chief hanging around somewhere…

1 Like

planet had scary fauna

4 Likes

8 Likes