Coincidence or missing link?

So I stumbled across this, this morning:

Now we have already had some NASA tie-ins, including using the NASA website on the fourth sygil. But the NASA projects bear some striking similarities.

There were 3 projects to the NASA space flight system, and we appear to have three phases to our little ARG here.

The first project was Project Mercury (referencing the Mercury sub-routine), which focused on two rockets, the Mercury “Redstone”, and the Atlas rocket. This led the way for a second project known as Project Gemini which focused on the Titan series rocket, aka Waking Titan

I`m not sure there are any lore tie ins. but wondering if they are using some of the naming from this series of projects, and it is interesting that the 3 projects are the transition of humans to space. Project Mercury got us into space, Project Gemini prepared us for space travel, and Project Apollo got us to the moon(Unless you are one of those weird conspiracy theorists).

8 Likes

Wow, this is quite a find! I would not be surprised at all if the next phase was called Gemini; it has to do with twins and we already have a theme of 2-sided/double/copies going on in the ARG.

1 Like

You know it’s funny. I’ve read all about the Mercury and Gemini projects and they have never come to mind when going over the Waking Titan ARG. facepalm

1 Like

Certainly interesting, although I can not see Project Gemini and the Titan series rockets being referred to as ‘Waking Titan’, so I assume that was your personal interpretation. Project Mercury does tie in very well with the Jet Propulsion Laboratories, La Cañada Flintridge (LCF), since Explorer 1 (1958). See pdf linked in Cassini-Huygens, which we got after having been sent to:

There are a few other interesting links that may be referenced with Titan or Atlas. Here are some computers:

Atlas and Titan (computer)

The first Atlas, installed at Manchester University and officially commissioned in 1962, was one of the world’s first supercomputers, considered to be the most powerful computer in the world at that time.

Atlas (computer) - Wikipedia

A derivative system was built by Ferranti for Cambridge University. Called the Titan, or Atlas 2, it had a different memory organisation and ran a time-sharing operating system developed by Cambridge University Computer Laboratory.

Titan - Wikipedia

One of Titan’s most intensive uses was to compute the inverse Fourier Transforms of data from the One-Mile Radio Telescope.

One-Mile Telescope - Wikipedia

Titan (supercomputer)

Titan is a supercomputer built by Cray at Oak Ridge National Laboratory for use in a variety of science projects.

Titan (supercomputer) - Wikipedia

Here are some interesting links to the Cassini-Huygens project:

Cassini-Huygens

This was an unmanned spacecraft sent to the planet Saturn.

On December 25, 2004, Huygens separated from the orbiter, and it landed on Saturn’s moon Titan on January 14, 2005.

Cassini continued to study the Saturn system in the following years, and continues to operate as of June 2017.

Due to a dwindling fuel supply, however, the spacecraft has entered the Grand Finale phase of its mission. A number of risky passes through the gap between Saturn and its inner ring are planned in order to maximize Cassini’s science returns before the orbiter is intentionally destroyed by diving into Saturn’s atmosphere on September 15, 2017. This planned deorbit is necessary to mitigate the risk of the spacecraft eventually colliding with and contaminating one of Saturn’s moons.

Cassini–Huygens - Wikipedia
https://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/

The mission is managed by NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in the United States, where the orbiter was assembled.

Jet Propulsion Laboratory - Wikipedia
Where have we seen La Cañada Flintridge (LCF) mentioned before?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.wakingtitan.com/data/c02-9936c797-ec28-4f8f-b80e-dee9e0b06433.pdf

Saturn moons

Atlas (moon) - Wikipedia
Titan (moon) - Wikipedia

Just wanted to share…

PS: If Elizabeth Leighton needs rescuing, we’ll just send in Atlas

Just thought of something. Could the YouTube songs we have been linked to, been used as NASA wake-up calls?

Edit: Here is a list of Wake-Up Calls, updated 3/13/2015:

Don’t think I see them listed there, so prolly forget about that.