Citizen Scientists Division - Needs Collaborative User-designed Logo!

16 Likes

Wow, I really like that one :+1: Good Job!

1 Like

Yeah, something along those lines! That’s cool. Maybe work on the background some.

2 Likes

I like this one more then the portal one, not sure why. Could this be turned into the ETARC HUB logo?

1 Like

I remember at some point there was talk of putting some sort of logo on a shirt? Is that still happening too?

1 Like

@MrBacon Thanks.

@Wyo It is more about the concept than a fully worked out version. Of course I can work on the background some more, which depends on the captured image used. On some planets results can turn out better than on others.

@Sir_oops Just curious, but what exactly is it you like better with the Beacon version? Of course this could be used, which is the purpose of me showing them, although they are just concept for now.

2 Likes

Yeah, went digging for better graphics of the tower in the ETARC logo and came up with much the same. I did find this one old design schematic which is pretty neat.

The real trick is going to be recreating the spiraly-arrow bits on the interior of the tower. It looks like some kind of coil, nothing toooo tricky, just a mess at low res.

1 Like

Here is a portal image you can use

I have the vector file, and can easily change any color or line-thickness depending on what you’re going for. Just let me know! I made this stuff for the community, so do not hesitate to use it.

10 Likes

The logo has some distinct characteristics with the circles and the single Edison Memorial Tower with accent added to the light at the top. Of course the logo is also in black and white with full capitalisation and a slightly bigger font size for the abbreviation separated by stars.

For now I have just been trying to capture the style of the ETARC logo and get a feel for it. If it is liked or other ideas pop up, I may work on it some more. Eventually I could turn it into a full fledged SVG logo, but for now mostly been messing with it. I appreciate the offer to use the SVG you have for the portal and will keep it in mind.

1 Like

I really like it!! It’s not too dissimilar to the Edison image too :+1:

I like them all but…
Since we are the
ETARC CITIZEN SCIENCE DEVISION.
I would like for us to be ECSD rather than just another CSD. There are many other hubs so adding our Etarcian heritage E would be nice. (E could also be a nod to Emily too who was out first interaction at ETARC).

I like the idea of a portal replacing the Edison Memorial. A clouded planet behind the portal and removing the ground the portal sits on might personalise it a bit more.

Just my 2 cents…

4 Likes

Maybe a solar eclipse in the background?
EDIT: Possibly with the Corona as the light at the top of the logo?

2 Likes

@Mad-Hatter It appears there are several logos wanted, while I basically worked on what OP asked for, pure CSD, while I liked the idea of keeping the ETARC look and feel. In general however, I can create several variations or different styled logos, depending on purpose. Of course each logo would need to fit what it represents. In case of ECSD an easy change for the text could do the trick. In other cases however, further changes may be needed or possibly a totally different style.

@MrBacon Not a bad idea, although would need editing in, as I have not yet found a portal that has this event.

Both thanks for the suggestions. I will see what I can do if I find more time.

1 Like

I think it’s the sky in the first one and the star burst. It breaks into thirds better. Top has sky/burst, middle has mountain/clouds, and the bottom is flat ground.

I’d like to see the photocopied landscape in thirds with chelofellow portal, but replace his red lines and blue light effects to white (de-colorize). I think this would create a more minimalist effect.

On the flip-side, I’d like to see the same premieres, but leave chelofellow colors alone, with your background, and color the border to his red blue scheme.

I like the beacon, one as is, i’d just like to see “ETARC HUB” or “ETARC” on there. The beacon could be turn into a vector. Perhaps, we could add Etarc on the left and Hub on the right like the "let there be light"on the township of Edison seal. Or, sorry… Or, Have “Hub of Etarc”/“Etarc hub” a cross the top and the divisions all across the bottom.

So, when can I order my pin?:crazy_face:

1 Like

I believe this is what is shown in the ETARC forum logo. It’s a mix between the seal and radio symbol.
International amateur radio symbol

I believe its a circuit, antenna on top, middle resistor?, bottom diode? or ground?

The radio clubs have a lot of logos for inspiration.

2 Likes

You just saved me sooooo much work @Sir_oops !! Thank you!

And with that last piece of the puzzle in place, I present the rebuilt ETARC logo, ready for action:

Now the fun stuff begins…

8 Likes

I’ve changed my mind a bit…

I still think the Portal but with a beacon to one side and a message ball on the other. Have a clouded planet or starburst behind. Maybe leave out the standing stones to simplify the image.

Across the top:
ETARC CITIZEN SCIENCE DEVISION.
Across the bottom:
E.C.S.D.

Why???
It shows our interest in locating and marking portals and communicating with others. The planet suggests space travel. Portal is obvious. Message ball to suggest community and communication. Beacon suggests discovery.
Title includes our heritage and our purpose.

Something else I can’t yet visualise is to somehow incorperate a hexagon.
A hexagon is an everpresent image in NMS and also is a complex natural structure found in nature.
Also it would be cool if the lettering was sort of like the glyphs.
Again…these are just ideas to feed those more talented than myself :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So are there two different names for the community we are trying to create? Is there ETARC and ECSD?

Edit: Are we creating two communities? There are two threads for communities in ETARC, I’m confused :sweat::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe the boarder could be hexagonal?

1 Like

Exactly what I imagined, could the CSD part be changed to ETARC?

Nice work