Cannot find a single glyph or traveller since completing missions

That’s a nice idea. I think I might copy that. I thought for a moment we could couple it with portal addresses, but if people don’t have the glyphs, there’s not much point, is there?

2 Likes

Well, it might help anyway. Yes, unfortunately, portal’s address has 10th glyph. But even having 10 glyphs, one would like to speed up the process, right? I will add system addresses in my previous post.
By the way all travelers were in place, where I left them. Even after spending about 10 hours of gameplay away from those systems.

I’ve had travellers vanish.
I just keep nanites ready in case I happen across one.
A third of my glyphs have been from simply chancing across a grave while exploring.
I’d suggest black hole jumping to a new region.
This presented me with rare planets not seen in 170hrs of gameplay. It may (or may not) reset the odds.

Sorry to necro this one, but I’m having issues finding Travellers.

In about the last 5-6 sessions of play, (One session equates to around 3-4 hours gametime) I have visited different systems, economy scanned, and journeyed to umpteen number of Trading Posts, (the last planet I counted 7 different Trading Posts before I gave up) and nothing.

It’s frustrating because it’s changing the way I play, before I used to take my time, have a little explore, scan, rename things before moving on. Now it’s warp to new system, economy scan, land at Trading Post, see no Travellers, take off and hover, economy scan, jet to next Trading Post and so on.

I check Space-Stations too for each new system. I’ve tried systems without Anomolies and Atlas Stations and systems with, Gek, Vy’Keen and Korvax and nothing. Surely the RNG isn’t that unkind to me?

Quick Question: On the Galactic Map, is CONTACT another players discoveries or a Traveller?

1 Like

@Oshoryu
I had the same issue… and I was also never seeing the rare planets.
After doing the same as you I’d given up hope and returned to wandering and scanning, writing it off as a bugged game.
Due to an unrelated inconvenient game problem, (I’m looking at you Toddumptious :slight_smile: I eventually did a few black hole jumps in a row and ended up a million miles from where I started. Low and behold I immediately saw travellers and rare planets. Did the repeat tricks and now I’m all set.
I suspect the game uses triggers to alter the experience but it needs player input to trip these things.
Perhaps some extreme action on your part might alter things for you.
Just remember, you can always teleport home afterwards and be sure to use a crappy ship so you don’t wreck things, as black holes are notoriously hard on fancy ship upgrades.
Once you find a traveller make sure you follow the repeat tricks to get a bunch of glyphs. 16 may not work though.
Good luck.

3 Likes

@Oshoryu
CONTACT is a location where someone has come through before. Either via a portal or warping travelling.
Many are unnamed and unexplored.
You may see a trail of CONTACTs where someone with a small warp drive has stepping-stoned through the stars, often heading to an Atlas interface or a black hole.

1 Like

I suspect you’re right. The game quietly counts almost everything you do. It looks like if you spend too long in one region, things start to dry up.

I’m going to do some testing. Back when I have some answers. It may take a while - how do you correlate things that don’t happen, against things that only might happen? :smiley:

1 Like

There’s just so many variables too.

Do Red systems have a higher chance than yellow? Do Blue Korvax systems have a higher chance than green Gek systems?

Mind blowing.

I’ve started using Photo Mode at cave entrances as a camera drone to see if there’s any graves inside. No luck there either yet people say things like, “Yeah I just stumble across them in caves, got loads that way” :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I have never found, heard of someone finding, or seen a screenshot of a Traveller grave in an underground cave (correct me if I’m wrong here). They all appear above ground.

If a person doesn’t upload their discovery, will it still show as CONTACT for other players?

EMILY does not like you!!!

2 Likes

Not sure. Good question.
I know the first discoverer gets the credit once online if 2 players find something but 1 of them was offline at the time. (Time/date stamp probably)

Have heard that someone else can name your discovery behind your back, while you are still exploring, if not uploaded but that doesnt sound right. Surely the discoverer gets that privilege.

1 Like

I have a question on this also. I seem to be in a system, and have been several times, that seems to have already been named but it still shows me as the discoverer. The names on the planets are definitely not randomly generated. I wonder if they are from before Atlas Rises? Why did it keep the names? Were all previous discoveries wiped out? I am 69.24 right of center and 3 regions below the old Galactic Hub.

1 Like

Yes, names are from pre-Atlas Rises, while discovery status is overwritten.
I have rediscovered my home system right after the update.
It was strange to see empty moon with lots of discovered fauna, non existing after the update.

3 Likes

OK, preliminary results.

18 days ago, I wrote that I was still finding travellers. That stopped. I hadn’t seen one for more than a week.

Following @Mad-Hatter’s lead, I decided to do some black hole diving. The idea was to pass through a black hole, and visit the space stations and trading posts of 2 or 3 systems. If I didn’t find a traveller, I would make another black hole jump, and try again.

After one jump, I found nothing. The same after two, three, four and five.

But after the sixth jump, the first space station I visited yielded this guy:

I don’t know if six is a magic number. I know that in the early game, there were a specific number of warp jumps you had to make before Nada and Polo would appear. Perhaps something like that is going on?

5 Likes

Since picking up the 16th glyph I haven’t met a traveller, been through a fair number of black holes since then.

Though I did come across a hologram portal occupied by a korvax who refused to speak to me.

1 Like

I was finishing off the Artemis missions when I found one. This guy was supposed to be a Korvax, but I guess he randomly spawned as a Traveller? Couldn’t ask him for a grave location.

6 Likes

before the big update, you could go to the center of a galaxy and see that someone had discovered all centers,
after the update centers can not be discovered. So those whom use mods to jump to centers there is no credit for them.

2 Likes

That is funny. Replacement is indeed done by chance, but should be prevented in cases like this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Had the same thing, the other night. The traveller gave up one grave. I came back to their “pub/bar” and then he would only take 15 nanites cluster in exchange for units. Wouldn’t even sell me a pint!

3 Likes

I had one appear in a freighter. Couldn’t interact.

1 Like