Byte-Beat Compositions

I wanted to share this new tune Skynexia just made:

4 Likes

Well, letā€™s just move it out of Archive and start a fresh thread. Thanks @MacForADay

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Made this yesterday

9 Likes

Another one. Tried to make a cover~ish tune this time. But its hard :expressionless:

10 Likes

Oh wait, I recognise it, itā€™s actually very well covered! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Started this last night. This ones gonna be fun to play with.

Raw,

5 Likes

OG PS4 capture, trim and then upload.
Here is a clean version of Baby Stepps without any background noise. Once I start to mix and edit this it will sound like a whole new thing.

I find myself having so much fun with discovering new sounds.
This next one sounds like some singing from the other end, if you know what I mean.

Dohnotts before a sessionā€¦

3 Likes
7 Likes

Aand hereā€™s another one. ā€œDreemerā€ā€¦

4 Likes

Hereā€™s Skynexia Musicā€™s latest creation:

3 Likes
3 Likes

This kinda random but i had to share somthing as i canā€™t stop thinking about itā€¦ The Music that plays during the beginning of the game, when sliding through star fieldsā€¦ is it ever the same sound?
Iā€™m going to sign off and play some more. I will have a few recordings tomorrow and we should share and compare.

1 Like

Yes. NMS has very little consistent ā€œmusicā€, most of the arrangements are put together generatively. I think the beginnng part has some restrictions as to what bits and pieces it can use, but the ones it does use can appear in other situations.

3 Likes

The only piece I have noticed that is always the same is the music you get when entering a Space Station for the first time. It is an excellent piece that really captures the moment.

2 Likes

I have a couple videos from before the update and one from this morning. No timeline on upload since i want to enjoy the game.

1 Like
5 Likes

I made several recordings of the start screen music. I think the start screen plays songs from the same selection as you mean? the start screen tune just continues into the starfield?

Every time I start, it chooses a different song (or noise) :wink:, but I had the impression that they repeat over a longer time period, and I got the same ones again (they were familiar), itā€™s nit ā€œinfiniteā€.

I didnā€™t check whether the repetitions were the same note by note though. There could be procedurally generated changes. I hope our recordings will have some overlap and we can compare variants.

Also the starfield lasts only a minute, whereas I can record on the start screen as long as I want. And I also recall that the part of which I did not keep the recordings was ā€œmutedā€. In other words, the starfield music was a muted variant of the start screen musicā€¦?

It was a while ago, and it may have changed as well. Well, keep an eye out and report whether you have a similar impression?

How are you going to upload the clips? Just on YouTube? All in one file (Iā€™d have to add some slideshow for video) or each clip separate? Mine are maybe 1-2 mins long each.

4 Likes
2 Likes