Beyond Insanity?

Well, to me those are chairs, not a couch… maybe we just have a misunderstanding on furniture nomenclature… :smile:

1 Like

Ok. So I double checked. No couch on space station…my bad. (however I do believe there are couches there to sit on in some space stations)

but I did sit on the couch on my Freighter

4 Likes

You can definitely sit on couches. Not all of them though, I have no idea why.

9 Likes

I’ve tried every chair and couch imaginable, even ones I see NPCs sit in no problem.

Starting to think sitting is not possible in PSVR mode, odd considering it’s the one activity in game that perfectly mimics your real life carapace (find myself relating to the Korvax a lot more this playthrough, I wonder why :smirk:)

Or maybe its to balance out that xbox players can’t access vr, they decided to even the score and take away a highly saught after feature from VR players.

Chairs that do more than spin.
Chairs a traveller, can sit in.

:stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Another insanity is the Outpost do no show up on the scanner. Every other type of building, even when found. These little things that HG did are bloody irritating! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Second thing when going into a new system. The spaceport icon is very hard to see, when on the other side of a ring, impossible to located.

2 Likes

Trade in you nav data with the cartography person on the Space Station. I have not really looked too closely at which type of buildings and structures they point you to, but at least it is a good use for all that nav data that was stacked in my pockets.

5 Likes

You mean a nice replacement for a different item until you get to use them, lol :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve been referring to Nav Data as ‘junkmail’ for ages :grin:

6 Likes

I’ve been using them planetside and it’s pointed me to manufacturing and operating facilities, minor settlements and trade posts.

I’ve never used one while in space etc, so it’s possible this is a good way to find a trade post while orbiting near a planet. Will experiment later and report back :+1:

Speaking of pocket filler, I had a stack of two cartographer maps and traded in three more nav data and ended up with a stack of three and a stack of two that would not combine.

One stack kept flashing and being highlighted by in game prompts that I can use these to locate points of interest so I have a feeling that had something to do with it.

Pocket filler turns new item into double pocket filler :joy: wuh oh.

2 Likes

The cartographer maps are specific with the type of building for the search. For example, I have had a type that located manufacturing Facilities and operation centers while the other stack that would locate plaques and monoliths.

You can look at the item description to see which type it is.

3 Likes

The one thing I didn’t do was look at the description. :see_no_evil:

Okay I think this may have answered another question I was pondering. What does asking the cartographer for help do? I only tried it twice and had that stack of two… Sometimes you miss the HUD item pop up in VR because you’re too busy being amazed by your own hands :joy:

3 Likes

Yes. There are a couple of mission quests to introduce you to the new use for Nav Data. That is why they were flashing.
I really like the flashing in the suit slots which inform me that I have the ingredients needed for building an item. Keeps me from having to search my suit pockets repeatedly.

1 Like

While I have seen maps of different types, I have never actually got anything other than “inhabited outpost” maps from cartographers… Though admittedly, I don’t trade in them so often, due to the “one map per dialog” rule. They seriously got to fix that…

3 Likes

I had already recieved the tutorial for it on my new playthrough so I had figured maybe it was bugged out. As with all situations where poor observation on my part is to blame, I will put my “the game is so beautifully distracting in VR” card in to play, cough awkwardly and inch my way towards the nearest exit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well well well that is nice and dainty … lol

I like walking the planet, see what is there, since HG does not want that to happen any more.
I guess that is why you can not see outpost when you scan?

I also guess tis why the hurry hurry grab grab thing is all about.

Tis 6 hours in my new game.
System is called Zsigmond.
Of course why not lol

5 Likes

You do know that they show up in the analysis visor, right?

have no seen them yet in the visor!
Here is more insanity
Left my planet.
Had to slow moving towards where I thought the Spaceport is located.
Slowing the routes showed up and I was able to pin point the station.

Unknow building shows up.
They are no and outpost.
I found and outpost.
moved a way and checked not showing on the scanner/visor
There is no information for outpostUploading: 20190821114722_1.jpg… Uploading: 20190821114820_1.jpg… Uploading: 20190821114827_1.jpg…

1 Like

Well, that seems very weird… There’s supposed to be an icon marking the location of the space station, and you should be able to jet there pretty much on autopilot… ?

2 Likes

Yup “suppose to be” a lot of things but there ain’t any … hmmmm EMILY???

4 Likes