BEYOND has released! (plus patches)

Believe it or not, this was one of the most important things to me. When I play NMS, I do not think about the controls…like a typist. Losing the melee boost would have been jarring.

4 Likes

I agree. It was derped in the Next update and I nearly had a breakdown, lol. So glad they let it be.

2 Likes

Did you need to supply power to the things that you had already built?

(living vicariously through everyone while stuck at work on launch day.)

2 Likes

GoG is astonishinlgly early in the race, it seems. Now I only have to wait until the kids are in bed…

2 Likes

In the steam db mentioned above. I think this is normal time to release for steam 6pm BST or 5pm GMT/UTC.

Just want to confirm, psvr version allows direct movement via the move controls, you do not need to use a dual shock if you don’t want to use teleport move, you can still use move controls and walk around normally.

And its really really intuitive too, slowly becoming second nature now.

I am in love.

Also, I dare you, if you started the game sitting down, when you get in your ship, pop her in to cruise and then stand up.

Your head will stick out Yr ships sun roof and it feels identical to standing on the back of a flatbed trailer of someone’s driving slowly.

You can also lean out the side of your ship and fly like Ace Ventura drives his car :smiley:

That’s the only window you can go through, I tried windows in small buildings to bring @Linshell’s through the window/what’s on the other side to a whole new level but I couldn’t it just pushed me back :slight_smile: (although it might be because it was a porthole window that opens as you approach. So we very well may still be able to lean out of space station windows :wink: )

Taking a tiny break then diving back in, happy travels travellers!

One thing I could not find in psvr mode was photo mode. It might just be its accessible from a different menu now but I’ll keep searching til Im certain.

Trade off for VR on console is a drastically reduced LOD bubble but its absolutely worth it. I stuck my hand in my ships engines and it instantly made it worth it!

7 Likes

That means we’re going to experience the longest 1 minute all year, lol. Let’s hope it lands then!

4 Likes

The Eagle Has Landed.

The Download size changed. It’s smaller.

Go go go!

3 Likes

Restart steam to launch. 6.6GB

4 Likes

Yes! We’re up and running. “Downloading 5.8 Gb”.

For those with slow internet, that means we’ll see you a week on Tuesday.

7 Likes

A great disturbance in the Farce— A million fingers pushed the restart steam button and were silenced!

On the "Connecting to steam account… " popup. Will have to try restarting steam again. >;]

(patience is a virtue that comes very hard for me. lol )

EDIT: ditched steam, removed all steam stuff form Processes, restarted steam aaaand… Voila! Downloading 5.8 gigs

Yay!

4 Likes

Started here as well. See you all in the great beyond. :beers:

7 Likes

No % of systems on pc load screen

2 Likes

Wow. Absoloutley no controls. Not registering and not allowing remapping
Restart again.
A windows issue for controller but keyboard rebinding derpped

Aaand now i have a blank screen…

2 Likes

5.8 GB size on my system

2 Likes

Everything is plugged and ready to run.
1 kid sleeping already! Still 2 to go!! :grimacing:

8 Likes

Oh, no!

Good thing you have the other one to play on.

I got my controller working. All is well.

1 Like

Meanwhile in Africa…

and edit - in the end it took [according to steam] exactly 2hrs to update :smiley:

5 Likes

@kliktrak: I moved your reply over here :wink:

2 Likes