BEYOND has released! (plus patches)

Not sure how that post got in with the SM tweet…lol. Crazy morning.

4 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

It’s beautiful. Does anyone remember the creature discovery menu showcased before the game launched? I’ve been pining for something as detailed and similar since ethe game launched and always wondered what happened to it. This is even BETTER than that was.

You guys… I can’t… I can’t odd.

10 Likes

Wow…I’m glad its back and better than ever. I think @SingularGleam should start a new Fauna 🦕 - #536
topic.
(Just add the word BEYOND in the title and leave a link to it in the old thread.) :+1:

6 Likes

Innes has walked over 1400 miles. His journey continues.

Okay new favourite patch note <3 I’ve been following his adventures on twitter and found myself wondering was it a sabattacle from years of hard work at HG or was Innes taking time out before going on to start his own uber game making studio.

Nice to see them get a mention :slight_smile:

I actually met a guy who studied with Innes in Scotland at a music festival last year, he hadn’t played the game but he was happy to see someone from the class doing well :smiling_face: His name is Bevin, if any HG folk read this tell Innes Bevin from Dublin said “HARUMPH!”

8 Likes

Playing about with an account i barely use. I think I just travelled from galaxy 4 to 14 to a place i did a multi player base building session some time ago, cant find the base though, discovery services seem to be offline

Edit: Definitely ported to Galaxy 14, the only thing on my teleport list now is the system I’m in.
Don’t know if inter-galactic travel is a thing or if the cross galaxy location appearing in my teleport list is a bug either way there’s looks like theres no going back to galaxy 4 unless i boot my usb save.

Be wary of any bases in your teleport list for the time being, if theyre in a different galaxy.

5 Likes

@unique: Don’t worry about the length, you can’t help it that HG have been working their socks off :rofl: Good to have the list here, thank you :wink:

7 Likes

At work reading the Beyond page on nms.com , watching animations of features…

This update is waaay beyond expectations and truly mind blowing…definitely 2.0 plus…

Thank you hello games…no amount of superlatives can do justice.

5 Likes

First note…% of each galaxy explored
Starting new game. Tutorials so nice.
Melee boost intact

6 Likes

The prompts in an existing game are quite useful too. All my existing tech and modules remained but some building parts are part of the update and must be researched. Should be an interesting learning curve…

4 Likes
3 Likes

I can not say enough good things about the new Discoveries Menu layout. It is so very nice!
Frozen tubers. My new favorite on-the-go snack!

6 Likes

I am starting to hear rumours of Beyond being available now on GOG. Different reports of size, ranging from 6GB to 9GB.

Some say they triggered an update by verify/repair, or turning off/on auto updates.
Version 2.04 … hmmm

Can anyone confirm Beyond on GOG?

2 Likes

WTF’s up with STEAM?! >.>

2 Likes

Gog is downloading 5.4G. but I had the vulkan build

3 Likes

I guess this confirms Beyond for GOG. v2.04. Trigger the update as mentioned in my previous post.

See: No Man's Sky, page 1 - Forum - GOG.com for the latest forum discussion.

4 Likes

Must be a steam issue…:roll_eyes: Guess we will be last

3 Likes

The update for Steam is likely scheduled and expected to release soon. I forgot what the usual release times were again, but we’ll have to be patient. I am sure someone will mention it as soon as it is available.

Edit: I have SteamDB on watch with the realtime stream of updates:
https://steamdb.info/realtime/

Add NMS to the ‘watched apps’ and turn on notifications :wink:

2 Likes

I hear there is trolling in the Steam forum…stay out…stay safe

4 Likes

I rarely use steam forums. I stay here where the friendly folks are. <3

I do wonder though if anyone has tried the GOG trick on Steam?

3 Likes

I’m doing a fresh installation of NMS in Arch Linux, the current game size is 10,444MB. That’s what it’s been all morning here. I keep restarting Steam to make sure it checks again for an update, and so far, nothing.

I’m pretty sure the size of NMS will change more than 1MB, so I’ll be able to see when it lands, heh.

2 Likes