Base Building & Settlements in Frontiers

Another @sheralmyst masterpiece. I thnk this is our unfortunate ECSD Capital planet. After the devastating Sean Murray algorithm wars of the past, our quiet corner of the universe became the beautiful horror below.

Still @sheralmyst has clearly been parying for our redemption and so far no worms in sight… yet!

A little prayer can help in the search for the right piece - er sorry I mean Peace. Amen. :smiley:

I went on a picnic as a pilgrim to commune with the worm shroud not far from @sheralmyst base. Giving thanks to the Atlas there were not actual worms. I was about to pour tea before I hit the base limit and ran out of cups lol

er…I’m really quite sane. Honest! :expressionless:

9 Likes

Nice. I once had a simple ‘lighthouse’ tower base on Edison. Was on a mountain just out of sight of the portal (to the right as you step out).
It’s good to see the Etarcian spiritual centre still has pilgrims.

7 Likes

That is so cool! :sunglasses: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Pot Lights :nerd_face:

and does anyone know what in the world this new emote is supposed to mean? :dotted_line_face: I am invisible? No one sees me? No one cares? IDK

6 Likes

R.E.M. intensifies…

4 Likes

Home of The 43-Meter Bandits. Broadcasting from Galaxy 90. The best in pirate radio! Operating 24/7 (or until the system authorities track us down)

8 Likes

The proposal for its inclusion is at unicode.org and says the possible English keywords are:

“Invisible, out of sight, hidden, disappeared, introvert, depression, unimportant”

Another site (forgot to keep the URL) says that it is a common comic book trope for a similar set of words.

5 Likes

I think that it should become the ‘lurker’ emoji.

3 Likes

:exploding_head:

6 Likes

I am working on something…will take a while

This cavern just happened to have this nice round hole in one wall. So I put something in it

The cavern leads to this

I may have to dismantle almost all of my other bases to finish this properly…
Caverns are interesting because they are not caves…but caverns do sometimes contain caves.

This one has connections to quite a lot of caves.
Hmmmm…I might change my mind.

13 Likes

This made me giggle! :blush:

Looks like a huge project! Have fun! :+1: :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed: :+1:

2 Likes

So it is not exactly what I would like to do but, even after deleting all the bases I can manage to make myself let go of, I am still nearing max building pieces so, I decided to make it a semi-abandoned cavern. Perhaps these people are moving on or maybe some group of wanderers is making use of what remains.
A refurbished throne room

Living quarters

A small factory cooking up something…?

Harvesting the cavern

Something that is

Something that was

15 Likes

Imaginary HG Feature request:

Topic: infinite building limit for Sheralmyst
Arguments in favour: this thread
Arguments against: none!

6 Likes

Stunning, really like the historical/archeological/abandoned and possibly repurposed concept.

5 Likes

Here is the portal code. This is in galaxy 90 from Expedition 6. The system is Untroubled so no pirate attacks as you wander the caverns of planet Titum with its Clear weather and No Sentinels.

Titum

You will also find dragons
The system contains a very nice Paradise planet with Temperate weather and No Sentinels, Laurell Tau

7 Likes
6 Likes

That is so cool! Genius. :heart:

2 Likes

Yeah. Rotation was added in the last couple of updates (Frontiers?)

3 Likes

I meant to share this earlier but kept getting sidetracked. It’s my Expedition6 base - I’m pretty proud of this one, spent a lot of time on it. Feel free to check it out if you still have your save!

It’s in the final Relenium system in the Paholiang galaxy (#90), on planet Nunis XIV. It’s called Toxeteb-Goth (default name), and is build atop a mesa at coordinates -2.02, +7.59. It’s easy to find if you start at the space station and fly directly towards the center of Nunis XIV. The base computer icon should be green-blue if it’s working right.

Hopefully it actually loads correctly for others. I used to have neighbors on a nearby mesa, but their bases no longer appear to me… I don’t know if they deleted them, or if there’s some other issue.

14 Likes

Ooh! That base is beautiful! Nice work! :+1:

3 Likes