Base Building Creations

Shadow Box Dollhouse Base

With the glass removed

Close-up of the kitchen and bedroom areas

Tried and tried to make stairs work from the walls but just could not make it happen…

15 Likes

Ingenious! looks fantastic! :heart:

Note: The Thought Police just slapped me on the wrist for replying to you for the third time in this thread. (LOL wtf)

Not my problem if others don’t reply. Sheesh!

4 Likes

Yeah. They are always trying to tell me what to think. Fight the system! So NO to Big Brother! :grinning:

6 Likes

just don’t tell ANYONE your secret fears! >.>
Edit: Also… blast! now I need to read that again. :smile:

4 Likes

PS4 P/death save.

My itty, bitty, storm crystal hunter’s camp.
This is the nastiest planet I’ve ever encountered. Near constant storms but the crystals are oh-so shiny :grin:

11 Likes

Building a new base with some etarc friends. If you look closely in th e distance you’ll see two other bases being built by fellow Citizen Scientists :slight_smile:

12 Likes

That is so awesome! :grinning: I love the fact that this is possible.

4 Likes

Feeling reclusive today.

14 Likes

What’s amazing about this base, you ask?

It’s my first attempt at creating an Oxygen Farm.

The amazing thing about it is… It worked! :fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

I’m no mathematician. I can’t even multiply or divide without laborious pencil-licking, or digital calculator. My eyes are so bad I can hardly make out what I’m looking at in the build menu, let alone fining the spots for connecting wires and pipes. So I am incredibly chuffed with myself.

Huge thanks to Zaine! (https://www.xainesworld.com/4-3-billion-unit-per-day-factory-farm-no-mans-sky-beyond/), and to everyone on this thread as well as the one about wires and pipes.

Comparatively it is a very small farm, netting me apprx over a hundred million a day (I’ve forgotten the actual amount.

I call it “The Vapours” Oxy Farm, T. Echo, Prop.

Still a WIP, so far it has:

• 20 Supply Depots.
  • 5 Gas harvesters.
  • Portal.

• 6 Electromagnetic Generators. (Way far over the hill --follow the lights in the night shot.)

• Landing Pad w 6 storage units and a sunroom.

• Round house with all glass windows, and a holodoor. Inside the house- 6 Large Refiners, 1 Food Processor, 1 Save Point.

• Lots of animals in a variety of types.(currently fertilizing my spot for the garden).

• Nearby Crashed Freighter.

• Masses of respawning minerals and plants; lovely tall trees!

• A series of small caves/tunnels nearby.
    Cobalt

Cave Warts (good random sources of Oxygen/Sodium)

• Large swooping birds.
  • Mild weather with occasional storms lasting apprx. 5 minutes every 40 minutes.
  • A Gorgeous Grande View all around!

Still To Do:

• Put a Swivel Chair in the centre of the Round House in the hopes they will allow us to finally sit and swivel in them.
  • Put up a Galactic Trade Terminal
  • Furnish the Sunroom
  • Plant the Starbulb Garden
  • Add More Harvesters/Supply Depots/EMGs
  • Add a horticultural dome or two.
  • Put lights on the Power Cable Trellises (a la @sheralmyst). :heart:
  • Slap on a bit of paint here and there.

The only problem I’m having is that the Graphic options keep resetting to default when I log out, which turns off the Portal so that if I portal to my base I show up at the base computer instead of at the base Portal. I haven’t check it yet to see if that is repeatable. It just may be a usual kind of NMS glitch.

Next time I port from a station I will check the Graphics options first. :roll_eyes:

EDIT:
Today’s Take: All Profit.

This guy landed on my base landing pad :blush:

12 Likes

Impressive! Can’t wait for the swivel chair and to see you swivelling. :smile:

3 Likes

I like that term. I’ve been a bit stuck for a name for those noxious cave plants for ages. My search is over :grin:

Edit; nice base by the way :+1:

5 Likes

I’m always happy to help! :blush:

– and thank you! My little base is growing one. (literally! Up to 34 Supply Depots now. :beaming:

4 Likes

The evolution of an underwater outpost. These are from creative, where I always play test before bringing the design into my main save.

I had an artist conception of an underwater hotel I was using as inspiration for those - didn’t have the feeling I was trying for though.

These next few are where I started to like what was forming

And finally, the one I have decided on for my main save

I’ll be adding lights and decorations as well, going for a sunken temple investigation site.

14 Likes

So… can you use cuboids under water or do they get flooded?

5 Likes

For the Interlopers’ in need of units, glyphs for portal travel is the only requirement.

Click and collect!
PS4 Euclid normal. (Did take some time to load in when i visited with a different character)

12 Likes

They totally get flooded, but I just like building for looks, efficiency does not concern me. The normal parts also get flooded.

6 Likes

Cool! :heart: How many mining units/supply depots are you using?

1 makes 4 chromatic metal in a small portable refiner… I expect it isn’t as much, but I should see what chrom. metal sell for.

2 Likes

Using aprox 220 storage and 80 miners(quick count from pic), but you don’t need all that storage, you can just collect more often.

Miners are down the hill to the right.
:grinning:

8 Likes

Oh, nice! Thanks! :heart:

I think I may set up one of those, next. Not that I need the units now, but for fun, and to have stuff to give away to new players.

I love the idea of having a setup like yours where you don’t have to refine the stuff before selling. Am I right about that? --Although refining can be a pretty zen experience. :pondering the procedural infinite: :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah I just collect and sell, mostly I use the refiner to expand condensed carbon, but I buy allmost everything else. :grinning:

3 Likes