Base Building Creations

Ps4 Euclid Normal

9 Likes

PC Normal Euclid
The entire system is very nice. Feel free to visit and even stay, if you choose.

Don’t forget to explore the caves under the base.

10 Likes

Even though I am not keen on rigging models and animating, I decided to give it a go anyway. It will really help me out speed up the proces of creating an animation loop in NMS. So here is my new model (still reasonably simple), all rigged up from scratch with Inverse Kinematics (IK). Using the Blender plugin I added the building parts, which are in turn ‘parented’ to their respective bones. Now all I need to do is freeze each pose per frame, make a copy, to then remove the ‘armature’ while keeping transforms/rotation/scale.

This will be fun to test next, before I possibly improve on the model and try a more interesting animation that will be fun to watch.

Here is the animation in Blender.

7 Likes

Go @DevilinPixy Go! :clap:

3 Likes

Well, I was helping my daughter in her game tonight and I came across this lonely Gek. He repaired my shields and then smiled a mysterious smile…well, that is what I was told. I hated to leave him there all alone with no ship and no friends, so I built him a shelter. It seemed to make him happy.

Jumping on a bed under a low ceiling is not a good idea. I told that daughter of mine that she would fall off. Kids! They never listen!

8 Likes

I met a lonely NPC myself the other day.
Just sitting on a piece of junk in one of those simple bases areas with a flag, a box & not much else. No ship, no base. Just sitting there all alone.
I was quite surprised…I didn’t know that was a thing that happened.
I think they gave me a module before we parted ways.

5 Likes

I only recently realized players can sit on the junk too!

4 Likes

:grin: We learn something new every day.
I didn’t know that either.

4 Likes

Are you looking for tenants? I might move here :slight_smile: Could not really check out the base its terrain filled in.

4 Likes

It would be great if not only the base would be loaded into your save. I am really hoping HG will sort out the terrain complications and include the changes to be loaded as well.

4 Likes

That stinks…all filled in.
Yes, you can move in. Lots of nice places in the system and on this planet.

2 Likes

OK moved in :slight_smile:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Accepted Steam friend invite. Turned on terra edits for friends. Not sure if it allows you to ‘clean out’ my base or not. Give it a try and let me know.

2 Likes

Ps4 Normal Euclid

Ps4 Normal Elkupalos

12 Likes

Further testing the looped animation with my new, fully rigged (IK), model.
The amount of animation frames used per walk cycle is doubled (16) and has a much smoother result. Video is still a bit choppy though, as it doesn’t like the teleport looping much. In-game it looks better.

12 Likes

My reactions:

grafik

grafik

5 Likes
4 Likes

Polygon: No Man’s Sky players are filling planets up with tiny homes.

5 Likes

Zoetrope 360

I uploaded my new base with the animation loop for all to visit!

There is an on/off switch in the center of the base, just to avoid having the teleporters being powered all the time.

Zoetrope 360 640x360

Enjoy :wink:

Edit: Included a short video of the base

14 Likes