Anyone know this song's name?

I have listened to every song that’s on the soundtrack list and I still can’t find out what this song is called, please help I really want to learn it on the piano

4 Likes

Is all of the music in NMS by 65 days of static? I am sure someone knows. @kliktrak ?
Also, there is a way to watch the credits for NMS. I have never done it. Perhaps it is listed there?

2 Likes

Are these in game sounds?

2 Likes

Yes, my brother recorded it while playing

3 Likes

My favorite is when you enter the space station for the first time. Too bad it is the only time you get to hear it.

2 Likes

@Unawachapiola: Below is what I found :wink:

149783656.WEM
Duration: 01:08 (mm:ss)

SOUNDBANKSINFO.XML

<File Id="149783656" Language="SFX">
	<ShortName>Music_Stings\MUS_GameStart_37.wav</ShortName>
	<Path>SFX\Music_Stings\MUS_GameStart_37_9344E057.wem</Path>
</File>

Edit: Moved here after I noticed this specific topic for it.
Changed category to ‘NMS Beyond - Help A Fellow Traveler’

4 Likes

It’s generative music for planet exploration, so it may not have a name.

3 Likes

Its not entirely generative music. The game selects from a range of existing pieces. The original release music can be found on the 65dos Music For An Infinite Universe audio cd. Some of the earlier demos (pre release) and later update demos used music from previous 65dos cds (debutant for example from We Were Exploding Anyway and pacify from Heavy Sky). However music added in later updates did not get an audio cd release, IIRC, That piano piece is one of the latter. I can’t confirm since I don’t have all their albums, and the piano piece may be a short element in one of the longer songs.

2 Likes

Try playing it into shazam or siri?

2 Likes

I actually did try this with siri, but she didnt pick up anything. Although, Shazam might work better

2 Likes

Did you ever find the song?

1 Like