Anniversary Update Speculation(with spoilers)

ByteBeat and ExoMech were both what I’d call minor updates.

4 Likes

The Void is a place full of pre-release type planets and horror……? :astonished:

4 Likes

If we get The Void, that would make me super happy!

3 Likes

i really just want more stuff to do on planets. Terraforming, water harvesting, purpose for food, more building stuff…LAVA…Earthquakes in caves…floods…

Im not greedy I sware.

4 Likes

Tomorrow is release Anniversary for some systems…I am expecting a lot of buzzing this week…just maybe not from Hello Games…but here is hoping.

3 Likes

Legos inbound! :rofl:

Vote to suuport

10 Likes

Or he’s pointing to more ship customisation :wink:

4 Likes
12 Likes

Frontiers, eh? Couldn’t have taken a more obvious stab at Elite, could we? :sweat_smile:

A little bit of information wouldn’t have gone amiss, though, I have to say. The musical underscore of the reveal went pretty dark, so I guess that’s one hint…

6 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes

Quote from the playstation blog quoting Sean:

And finally, as we push forward to 2021, our next update Frontiers is something I’m very excited about. In some ways it is just another update, but in other ways it’s a missing piece of the sci-fi fantasy that we’ve always wanted to add, and very fitting for our fifth anniversary.

Humph, doesn’t give that many more pointers either. I guess every player feels a bit differently about what pieces exactly are missing…

9 Likes

A lot of people want more of something…building, crafting, exploration, story, combat etc…but I wouldn’t classify any as missing…

Some see it as a combat update with an actual enemy in the game…something actively coming after you would be something missing as everything other than pirates are reactionary.

I hope it is more survival orientated…food and water being needed, while exploring strange new worlds…

Or Terraforming…planet alteration is missing…

Player Guild / Shared StarBase…could be an element also…

TOOO MANY THINGS I WANT LOL

5 Likes

The Eye Balls for frontiers…could be searching/looking…or from something watching us…damn it…want it now lol

8 Likes

At least no raised eyebrows (yet) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Speakers of various European languages are hypily looking forward to the irony update! :wink:

13 Likes
4 Likes

I did see that when I saw the teaser for the first time! :joy:

4 Likes

Lol. Another jab at Elite Dangerous with thier update name. Whats funny is that in the ED community, they praise NMS for putting in features that Frontier hasn’t. Such as walking on foot and freighter/frigate interior. So maybe the “missing” thing they might put in the game is something that Elite hasn’t done yet again, such as multi-crew ship interiors(but you’d need to have new, bigger ships for that). That is something I always wanted. To travel in the same ship together with “roles” each player can have.

4 Likes
2 Likes