3xperimental (Steam)

Experimental Branch 30/09

• Fixed an issue that allowed the personal forcefield to activate while using the Analysis Visor.

• Fixed an issue that caused a different mission to be selected when moving from one step of the Artemis story to another.

• Increased the likelihood of meteor showers on dead planets.

• Fixed an issue that caused an occasional checkerboard pattern to appear on the terrain on frozen and volcanic worlds.

• Fixed a number of audio issues with creatures.

• Improved the controls in Photo Mode, adding acceleration to the camera movement to allow more fine-tuned adjustments.

• Added the ability to tilt the camera in Photo Mode.

• Fixed an issue that caused screenshots taken in Photo Mode to be cropped to the wrong FOV.

• Weather warning decals are no longer visible in Photo Mode.

• Fixed an issue that caused vegetation and other planetary items to be spread too thin when viewed at a distance.

• Fixed an occasional visual glitch that caused stretched polygons in the grass.

• Improved the icon for the Data Packet.

• Fix an issue that caused the Vyā€™keen smuggler to only say ā€˜Grah!ā€™

• Fixed an issue on PC that prevented base thumbnails from showing in the teleporter.

• When using the Analysis Visor, more distant markers are now shown slightly faded out.

• In Photo Mode, props will now be shown at the highest possible detail setting.

• Fixed an issue that could cause players to very occasionally warp into a system inside a planet.

• Fixed an number of flickering issues present when using DoF controls in Photo Mode.

• Fixed an issue that made it difficult to summon the starship on some planets.

• Fixed an issue that caused incorrect discovery counts to appear on planets where nothing had been discovered.

• Fixed an issue that could cause the Local Information Register to display the system name as the planet name and vice versa.

• Exchanging an artefact at a Planetary Archive vault now correctly awards standing with the relevant faction.

• Fixed an issue that blocked other players from using the vaults at the Planetary Archives in multiplayer.

• Virtual keyboard is now supported in Steam VR.

• Fixed a number of clipping issues in the UI.

• Fixed a number of text issues.

• Fixed an issue where using the Steam VR desktop overlay would spin the game camera.

• Fixed an issue that caused incorrect thumbnails to display on the Discovery Page.

• Opening the Discovery Page immediately after discovering something now correctly takes you straight to the details of that discovery.

• Fixed an issue that caused the discovery thumbnail in the Analysis Visor to occasionally appear corrupted.

• Fixed an issue that caused oxygen plants and carbon crystals to award too much of their substance on some planets.

• Fixed an issue that caused distant thunder audio to only play occasionally.

• Fixed an issue that caused some creatures to appear at an incorrect position or scale when viewed on the Discovery page.

• Fixed an issue that caused some flying creatures to be classified as ā€˜Groundā€™ by the Discovery Page.

• Fixed an issue that caused jellyfish to face the wrong way while swimming.

• Fixed an issue that prevented teleporter destinations from other galaxies from being visible on the teleport page.

• Fixed an issue that caused some PC users with Windows hardware acceleration enabled to only see a white screen on boot.

• Fixed a number of audio and rumble issues with the Sandworm in multiplayer.

• Improved the displacement effect on vegetation when it is pushed by the player or creatures.

• Fixed a rare softlock that could occur when entering the ship at the moment you die.

• Fixed an issue that could cause poor framerate on PC VR.

5 Likes

Fixed an occasional visual glitch that caused stretched polygons in the grass.
Oh thank you HG. I have had that bug for ages!

Experimental Branch 01/10

• Fixed an issue that caused frozen dead worlds to report overly warm temperatures.

• Fixed an issue that could cause your ship to teleport inside buildings when visiting bases.

• Trader ships that land on the planetā€™s surface will now crush any objects they land on.

• Fixed an issue that caused the Photo Mode cloud coverage option to be unavailable on some planets.

• Fixed an issue that caused items awarded by the Planetary Archive vaults to change rarity after save/load.

• Fixed a number of minor errors in interactions.

• Players may now use the back-out button to select the ā€˜Leaveā€™ option in an interaction.

5 Likes

I goofed something up and I wanted to load a backup save to see if I could figure out some way to recover from it, and the darn file system has changed to the point that it still loaded the last save. If you look at the folder where your saves are, there are now four new files labeled ā€œstorage.ā€ On mine, itā€™s mf_storage3 and 4, and storage3 and 4. Iā€™m not sure now if there is any way to get around it. And I turned off Steam Link or whatever itā€™s called. Anyone have a clue for me?

1 Like

Iā€™m unclear about your problem, but maybe some info would helpā€¦

The storage* & mf_storage* files were the filenames used up until Atlas Rises 1.37. There were three per save slot, for the most recent three saves, whether manual or auto.

Version 1.38 changed to save* & mf_save*. This also changed it to two per save slot, one for the most recent manual save, the other for the most recent auto save.

3 Likes

Well, thatā€™s puzzling. I did a backup on 9-12, which I think was when we were expecting Origins to drop. I did a couple more for various reasons, and it was today that I looked and noticed the extra ā€œstorageā€ files, so I assumed it was part of the last update. So I think Iā€™ll delete them, backing them up first, and see what happens. Maybe tomorrow, Iā€™m about to drift off. :sleeping:

2 Likes

They should have a time stamp, showing the last time the files were modified.

2 Likes

Youā€™re right, theyā€™re from 10/1/2017. All I saw was Oct 1 and didnā€™t look at the rest. I guess I blocked them out previously. Knowing me and some salmonela, I did something wrongā€¦ :yum:

Aaaand, as expected, I must have done something wrong in my blarghy state. I backed up all the old garbage in the save folder, loaded up the old save just fine, didnā€™t really need to fix anything after all, loaded the new save and am ready to see those new worlds. Hopefully along the way, I can max out all my gear, and find a new couple of super fighters.

There is one thing though. On the galaxy map, my course to a black hole never goes anywhere. When I went through a random one, I ended up 500,000 some odd light years down the galactic arm, and only marginally closer to the center. Do they work right for you?

2 Likes

From Steam:

Experimental Branch 05/10

• Fixed an issue that prevented players from using the Multi-Tool upgrade terminal in VR.
  • Additional fixes to provide a smoother framerate in VR.
3 Likes

From Steam:

Experimental Branch Update 07/10

• Further VR optimisations.
3 Likes

Steam 3xperimental has updated yesterday, right after the announcement of Next Generation Patch 3.12. No changes listed on the Steam forum, but likely related to the patch linked.

Edit:

I missed the actual new 3xperimental topic, as it has not been pinned on the Steam Forum:

Experimental Branch 25/11 :link:

• Fixed an issue that could cause shared bases to fail to download correctly for other players.
  • Added an option on all platforms that allows players to customise the strength of pad rumble.
  • Fixed an issue that caused inconsistencies in the numbering when viewing customisation options.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause part of the tutorial to occur on an inappropriate planet.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause base parts to hover when constructed atop of decals.
  • Critical markers (such as the ship and any active missions) are not faded with distance when viewed in the Analysis Visor.
  • Increased the quicksilver reward given for completing the daily mission at the Nexus.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some photography missions to fail to recognise when players were on the correct planet.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause camera shake to persist after warping.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some NPC starships to appear overly large while playing in multiplayer.
  • Fixed an issue that caused fireworks not to detonate correctly.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could prevent the tutorial from working correctly if players started on volcanic biomes.

• Fixed an issue that caused incorrect differences in rock distribution between Ultra and other planetary quality settings.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some lighting scenarios to be overly bright on next-gen consoles.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the atmosphere on some weird planets to be overly dusty.
  • Fixed an issue affecting the placement of props on the terrain.
  • Fixed an issue that could caused random gaps to appear in the terrain on startup, and reduced the frequency of blocky and mismatched terrain textures generally.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some planetary props to be invisible until looked at directly.
  • Fixed a number of issues with overly-loud base props.

• Introduced a performance optimisation related to moving foliage.
  • Introduced a small optimisation to terrain rendering.

• Fixed a crash that could occur when landing on a derelict freighter in multiplayer.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when predatory creatures bite something.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could be caused when entering the galaxy map with a large number of active missions.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur on projectile impacts.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when scanning.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when using weapons with non-standard muzzle flash colours.
  • Fixed a number of memory-related crashes.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when getting in the starship.

• Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when transferring items to/from other players on Xbox.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Xbox Series S in Quality mode to not use the highest-possible graphics settings.

• Fixed a number of issues with photo mode on Playstation 5.
  • Fixed a number of text and display issues with PlayStation 5 activities.
  • Added an option on PlayStation 5 that allows players to customise the strength of the trigger feedback.
7 Likes

Waiting for my internet to roll overā€¦too many zoom meetings. :weary:

3 Likes

There has been an update to the 3xperimental branch:

Experimental Branch 19/01 :link:

• Stability improvements on PC.
  • Resolution and performance for PSVR have been significantly improved when running on a PS5.
  • Fixed a rendering-related crash on PS5.
  • Xbox Series S in high quality mode now has the improved Ultra settings introduced in the Next Generation Update.
  • Loading times on PS5 have been improved.
  • PS5 install size has been optimised.
5 Likes

3.1 GB!!! What the heck is in there? :smile:

2 Likes

Aha. I knew they were still working on the Next Gen consoles. I hope they are almost done with it because I am craving new content. More specifically: more story.

I really hope they introduce a way to cross save from console to PC as I want to keep my builds.

4 Likes

From Steam:

Experimental Branch Update 26/01

• Fixed a visual issue when using the terrain manipulator.
6 Likes

Thank goodness. It was like being in a 1980ā€™s disco everytime I mined the ground.

2 Likes

Not in Steam Experimental yet, but an Internal moved up three hours ago.

2 Likes

A new Steam Internal moved up two hours ago. Maybe weā€™ll have an Experimental for the weekend.

7 Likes

New update has been released to Steam experimental and public branches.

2 Likes

Posting this as everyone else is probably still playing with creatures whereas I am waiting for a 2.3 GB patch to download.

Experimental Branch 17/02 :link:

• Fixed a glitch in the sleeping animation for blob-like creatures.
  • A number of creature behaviours have been rebalanced to better match personality traits.
  • Fixed a bug that could allow companions to attempt to locate a building while not on a planet.
  • Fixed an issue that caused missing controller icons to appear when riding a pet using Vive controllers.
  • Fixed a number of issues with the way companions aimed their mining lasers.
  • Fixed an issue that could very occasionally cause creatures to use speech options from an incorrect personality type.
  • Introduced a number of tutorial hints for the first time players who use the Egg Sequencer.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause companion summoning icons to render incorrectly.
  • Fixed an issue that caused inconsistent colour formatting in companion speech.
  • Fixed a number of issues with companion particle effects.
  • Fixed a number of issues related to network syncing creature interactions.
  • Fixed a number of issues that caused players to appear in the wrong position when riding creatures.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent a small number of creatures from being customised.
  • Improved the positioning of accessories on some four-legged creatures.
  • Aggressive companions will now attack hazardous plants.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some companions to only mine objects that were very close to them.
  • Fixed a number of creature animation glitches that could occur in multiplayer.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when reading the text at a distress beacon.
6 Likes