2-4 player co-op confirmed

Yeah. I view it as wry Brit humor plus sad reflection on undeserved hate-storm at launch, some by people who never bought the game.

1 Like
  1. Its just a game. To some, its everything. to others, it’s just to pass the time. Either way, its just a game. See it for what it is and you’ll be grateful for anything that comes.

2. Game development costs time and money. Not every feature we want will be there. They are a small team and with that they have a limit to how much they can create in a short amount of time(you can’t do a whole lot of programing and designing in one year. Its more time demanding and tedious than 99% of people think)

3. Marketing also costs time and money. They could do it themselves to save money but that would cost them time. Also, marketing is very tricky. Saying too little or too much, and too soon, can put you in a tight spot once people demand more info or complain about the info. It’s actually smart that he waits. Also, releasing footage or more information for a game with a bad reputation such as No Man’s Sky at a place like E3 would cause the internet to start talking trash again by bringing up the past and that would drive other people away before HG gets a chance to even release it. Putting No Man’s Sky next to all the AAA titles would make it look bad. Its like being a pretty girl, but then she stands next to her hot friends and so everyone starts to see you as the ugly one.

Also, SM said they are focusing on making games. Thats very wise. Focus all manpower on making a good game. Once its good, advertise it.

1 Like

Wise words.

I’m not. Why do you even care?

Again, who cares? Are you making a commission off the sales?

Well…it’s more than a game to HG…it’s their jobs, their income, and their future and bills depends on it…it would be extremely terrible to see them have a failed Xbox launch. I very badly WANT to see them be successful and profitable so they can keep working on NMS as long as they wish and go on to make other great games. It would be heart-breaking to see them fail and potentially go out of business.

2 Likes

They are a small team so the profits gets divided in very generous portions. They probably aren’t rich, but they likely have a comfortable amount for quite some time. Also, they still have Joe Danger for profits and Hello Labs. They’ll be fine.

I think it’ll work like roaming lobbies, we might be able to see 16 players total at a time in our little bubble lobby but Sean did mention teaming up with your friends as if it were like a separate utility , so this could be like a match making party with a max player count of four people per squad, essentially you could see your team and three other teams of four in any given floating lobby. I’m assuming the player cap is 16 as it currently is in the game (it is 16 right? Correct it to whatever number it should be if not)

I’ve played games on console with similar set ups and they both have multiplayer and Co op listed as separate things on the back of the box.

Minecraft for example, can be totally pvp or just cooperative or both in the same game mode, but on box it lists multiplayer and Co op. Just the way theyve been doing it for donkeys.

4 Likes

They’ve been burning their profits from the original launch for the past two years working on the free updates, and Hello Labs is HG funding other games, not the other way around, if I understand correctly.

If the Xbox and tencent wegame versions don’t sell, there is a good chance HG will start running out of money and have to start charging for updates or having them less frequently.

1 Like

The game Shroud of the Avatar has 4 possibilities:

• Multiplayer (16 instances)
  • Coop
  • Multiplayer but not joineable
    Coop, Multiplayer, not joineable are all considered to be online, offline is a separate mode and you can’t use an offline save to go online. Switching between coop, not joineable and multiplayer is a choice which you can change at all time.

Offline is a different save because you can have scripted companions.

I suspect something similar is possible, but you would add base sharing as an extra option. Offline does not really exist

3 Likes

Online multiplayer (2-4)

4 colors, to recognise our friends, that’s coherent.

4 Likes