16th update?

Will there be a special update to do with emily and waking titan?

6 Likes

The truth is, we donā€™t know.

However, given that Alice & Smith, the creators of both Waking Titan and Emily, are no longer contracted to Hello Games, it seems unlikely.

6 Likes

I do think it will be special story-wise given that itā€™s the 16th. I am hoping for a true villian as part of that update.

4 Likes

I just want to use my Atlas Pass v4

8 Likes

I wish I had gotten an Altas Pass Level 4.

It was heartbreaking seeing several people selling off extras or giving away extras for their channels, while I was hoping for one to come by mail that never came.

4 Likes

@LordMarkov
Same.

5 Likes

I never got mine, either.

I have to say, though, that rather than inducing feelings of desperation and suicidal thoughts, the result was more a sense of mild irritation. And that has long since passed.

Alice & Smith did admit after the event that a large number of the passes they sent out went missing in the post.

5 Likes

You might be too sane for our day and ageā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Well, I got mine but lost my sanity trying to figure out what to do with it :crazy_face:
All this time, I have kept my personal ID number, which is printed on it, secret and safeā€¦cause that is what we were told to do

4 Likes

My APL4 sits in a box on a shelf in hopes that one day HG somehow makes use of them. I always imagined that it would result in a way to give ā€œearly accessā€ to an in-game APL4. One that would open a new door inside the Atlas station, or access to an area that is the true source of the atlas, or just something else that is a ā€œbig revealā€ in the gameā€™s story. And, of course, allow the rest of the player base access to it after the ARG ended.

Buuuuuut that didnt happen.

5 Likes

Of course I would have liked to see the pass unlock something specialā€¦ but since so many were lost in the mail, it would be unfair. We already know what happens when such simple items are given extra value, people hawk them, sell them, steal them, counterfeit themā€¦ :roll_eyes:

My personal conclusion was that they are nothing but a souvenir.

They are unique (due to the ID) which makes them more valuable than, say, a store-bought postcard printed on the same cardstock. But they are less valuable (less resellable/counterfeitable) than, say, a special DLC voucher that can be exchanged for something.

Not generating a 1000 opportunities for minor fraud :wink: is an important factor for a good marketing campaign as well.

5 Likes

I would love if Waking titan retured for a season 3 before the 16th update drops. It seems fitting. I doubt it though :frowning:

Anyone else agree?

5 Likes

Would be nice but not likely though we were asked once if we would like another ARG and the majority said yes.
Welcome to the forum @adlopez16 .

3 Likes