What You Like/Love

@jedidia i can’t comment because playing in VR and always avoided mouse and keyboard controls on pc because my glob it’s awful compared to flying with dual analogue but I’ve found the flying to be incredibly smooth in PSVR once I got used to it, I’m actually better at tracking and taking out pirates in VR.

How much of that’s down to new flight mechanics I don’t know but I’ve always been the roll and pull ship upwards instead of turn kinda flyer because you actually turn on a dime at full speed if you do it this. (essentially, roll your ship into your turn direction and when the enemy ship indicator is pointing up you pull up and Yr usually right on top of them after they’ve whizzed past)

So to me it seems like absolutely nothing has changed too but I do feel like the AI puts on a more fanciful show. I’ll have to jump outta move controls at some point and try regular play to really investigate if there’s any changes to flight mechanics.

4 Likes

I’ve found on PS4, there is a noticeably more fluid feel to the turning and banking, particularly over land where your perspective includes mountains and the general horizon.
This combined with less predictable AI from enemy craft, the altered cockpit perspective and the generally sharper graphics, makes for a much better ‘feel’ to flying…and somewhat more challenging dogfights.

5 Likes

The AI seem to have improved their aerobatics considerably. Even when casually flying over the planet, they engage in barrel rolls and loop de loops.

6 Likes

I haven’t played BEYOND for a few days and they’ve added a few patches since I played so when I loaded earlier today I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could actually scroll through the menus with, of all things, my mouse wheel!! I was floored because this one little thing has been stuck in my craw forever that I couldn’t navigate through menus as even the simplest of games let me! Little things like that just bug me. Kind of like when it took forever just to see the temperatures in Fahrenheit. It seemed to take so long for that one thing to come. So, scrolling with the mouse. :+1:

6 Likes

I’m just glad I can run the game now, lol. It’s probably already been mentioned, but the game has much better performance, for a majority of people, and I’m glad to know my computer can indeed run this game at a decent frame rate.
Also, taller trees. I love them.

8 Likes

My new love thing. Scale and rotation. :revolving_hearts:

!

7 Likes

Did you read the plans for that last one? :laughing:

6 Likes

Is that what I wrapped my lunch in? I thought that was some strange looking parchment paper.

5 Likes

Ive discovered a new tech that I really like with Beyond. The lauch fuel automatic replenish. Over time, the launch fuel fills back up. There is another empty slot where lauch fuel used to go. But it won’t stay unused for long. :grin:

9 Likes

Maybe this was already in NMS:next and I didn’t notice, but I’ve noticed that planets seen from space are now much more likely to be the actual layout of the planet. e.g. I spot, say, a Florida shaped bit of land from in space and fly towards it and it’s still Florida shaped when I land on it. So…if I find a mostly water planet I can much more easily find an island to land on from space.

9 Likes

Thay is definitely One of my favourite things introduced in next that definitely does not get the love it deserves. I think it may have even gotten better with Beyond but that could just be residual amazement from everything else they’ve touched and improved upon.

I feel the same about the clouds, I love that the big fluffy cloud you see will actually be like that when you fly through it and sometimes you can find beautiful gaps between the clouds where more clouds live :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

There does seem to be improvement. Before, it would look like land and then turn out to be all water and visa versa. Now, it does seem to be what it looks to be from space.

5 Likes

I like the silicate powder - self-fuelling terrain manipulator! It used to drive me crazy having to constantly track down ferrous compounds to keep the thing going.

It’s just a small improvement - but it shows an attention to detail.

12 Likes